+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is an old thread but my 15 weeks DS is exactly like that. He hasn't slept through yet but if he isn't swaddled he would with startle himself or worse try to suck his hands and work himself up. So he definitely sleeps better swaddled.

I have tried very large Muslim wraps but they don't work anymore. I tried the Halo sleep sack and his arms still escape but he screams when I put him into it. Now we are back to the love to dream swaddle which he likes but I must wrap his arms by his sides using an extra Muslim cloth before putting him into the swaddle, or his arms go up and he starts trying to suck them. If I don't use a Muslim wrap his hand can even wriggle out of the neck opening!

i am thinking of the woombie or the ergococoon but not sure if its a waste of $$$ cos he seems like he's going to roll over soon. Anyone has bub's hand wriggle out of a woombie or ergococoon?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can babies sleep thru without being swaddled?

My lo sleeps in a love to dream swaddle, she sucks on the wings to self settle. She also has an ergo cocoon which she can't get her hands out of. She didn't really like it though because she could still move her arms around heaps in it but just couldn't get them out. The ergo cocoon was only $29 at toys r us.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD started sleeping through from f weeks without swaddling.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    This is an old thread but my 15 weeks DS is exactly like that. He hasn't slept through yet but if he isn't swaddled he would with startle himself or worse try to suck his hands and work himself up. So he definitely sleeps better swaddled.

I have tried very large Muslim wraps but they don't work anymore. I tried the Halo sleep sack and his arms still escape but he screams when I put him into it. Now we are back to the love to dream swaddle which he likes but I must wrap his arms by his sides using an extra Muslim cloth before putting him into the swaddle, or his arms go up and he starts trying to suck them. If I don't use a Muslim wrap his hand can even wriggle out of the neck opening!

i am thinking of the woombie or the ergococoon but not sure if its a waste of $$$ cos he seems like he's going to roll over soon. Anyone has bub's hand wriggle out of a woombie or ergococoon?
    The woombie is the best present I ever got for my bub. I would pay for a new one every single day for the amount of sleep it has given him! He's never had a hand escape.

Side note- I know technically you aren't supposed to use them after they can turn over but I know heaps of people who still use them after this time.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD only slept swaddled too, so during the day I started unswaddling one arm at a time. Then last week she fell asleep on her mat completely unswaddled so picked her up and put her in her cot.

Since then she's been put in a sleeping bag with arms free. She is sleeping better (last night she sent 7pm - 7am with a 10.30pm dream feed) as she would wriggle out of the swaddled and get tangled and walker herself up. You may just have to wait for the startle reflex to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    My DS slept through from very early without swaddling, infact swaddling him made him fight it and stay awake....

Although it should be said, for some children no amount of swaddling will have them sleep through and those that do sleep through are generally fewer than those who don't.
    Oops think I didn't clarify. Wasn't trying to use swaddling to get bub to sleep through. Just that swaddling does make him sleep better as he often unconsciously goes for his hand and gets all worked up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen14 View Post
    The woombie is the best present I ever got for my bub. I would pay for a new one every single day for the amount of sleep it has given him! He's never had a hand escape.

Side note- I know technically you aren't supposed to use them after they can turn over but I know heaps of people who still use them after this time.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub
    I believe we can continue using but it must be arms out if they can roll over. And the product can last up to 11kg.