+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    couldnt even read the whole story what an utter load of SH!T
    Its a professionals opinion. You of course have a right to disagree but calling it s.hit is a bit silly especially since he has many years experience.
    Its also something I have personally been through and it's was just heartbreaking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    One ob I actually totally agree with. I do believe the best place for a woman to give birth is alone in a dark quiet place or with just a very quiet unobtrusive midwife present. I can't see anyone here on bh agreeing in our culture of fear based birth though.
    Because everyone on bh (yourself excepted) has bought into said culture of fear about birth?

I hate to be predictable, but I'm sorry - I don't agree with you.

I think that what you have described would suit some women perfectly. Other women may prefer a very different environment. We are not all the same.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Its a professionals opinion. You of course have a right to disagree but calling it s.hit is a bit silly especially since he has many years experience.
    Its also something I have personally been through and it's was just heartbreaking.
    You asked for peoples thoughts and thats mt thoughts sooo you can hardly call me (or my opinion silly )

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    You asked for peoples thoughts and thats mt thoughts sooo you can hardly call me (or my opinion silly )

thanks
    An opinion is reading the whole article, processing thoughts and the coming up with a half intellgent answer.
    Stating you can't be bothered reading the whole thing and then calling it s.hit doesn't qualify as an opinion in my books.

Most other people here disagree which is fine and interesting to read their POV.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (27-12-2012),headoverfeet  (27-12-2012),Luna Lovegood  (27-12-2012),River Song  (27-12-2012),squirrelex  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Men shouldn't be present at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Pfffft. 'Men can't cope emotionally??' How condescending.

DH was a massive support and help both times and without him I would have been pretty much on my own for long periods. No thanks.

Its a personal decision for the couple involved. But to say men are a hindrance and can't cope and shouldn't be there as a blanket statement is insulting.
    Agree with this.

My DH took pride in being at the births and was a wonderful support. They're his babies and there was no way he wouldnt have been there to greet them to the world! He actually helped hold the head and deliver our last two then cut the chord himself.. He loved it! He's a fantastic father.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Men shouldn't be present at birth.

I think I would probably feel better about his opinion if he knew what it was like to see his child come into the world, I understand he has years of experience witnessing others children be born - in a hospital, as a man by the way, do strange men not count, just partners? If he believes the best way to labour/birth is with a quiet mother figure at home, why is he doing his job? Can definitely respect childbirth isn't for all men, it's not for all women either and I think it's a very individual thing, couple to couple, not something to put a blanket statement over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

meme  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Pfffft. 'Men can't cope emotionally??' How condescending.

DH was a massive support and help both times and without him I would have been pretty much on my own for long periods. No thanks.

Its a personal decision for the couple involved. But to say men are a hindrance and can't cope and shouldn't be there as a blanket statement is insulting.
    I agree. I wouldn't have not had my dh there and nor would my dh want to miss it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Men shouldn't be present at birth.

I believe men are amazing when brought up and taught to adapt and rise to anything. If men and women can work as firefighters, policemen, teachers, soldiers, scientists. Saving lives, facing reality and being well.. adults, then why can't they do the same in bringing their babies into the world! Both men and women can cope and get through more than these silly articles give them credit for. If there's a problem with an individual it lies with that individuals mental state and THAT needs to be addressed imo.. Not with their gender.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

meme  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    One ob I actually totally agree with. I do believe the best place for a woman to give birth is alone in a dark quiet place or with just a very quiet unobtrusive midwife present. I can't see anyone here on bh agreeing in our culture of fear based birth though.
    I couldn't think of anything worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't imagine my dh not being there. Mostly cause labour isn't quick (well wasn't for me) and I spent hours and hours in & out of pain but mostly BORED. I was very glad to have my dh to keep me company. As for when I actually birthed the baby especially the 2nd time around when I had a midwife, student midwife & the Ob in the room I barely noticed what my dh was doing, but he was thrilled to sit beside me & our newborn in the first few minutes of her life as she cried her little lungs out (our ds stopped breathing 1 minute after his birth, so having her cry was a pleasant opposite to that!).