+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane noob - offbeat 20-something vegan looking to make a small human.

Hello there! I'm a queer vegan eclectic-pagan cis-woman married to a man, we're both nerds, and we're headed into baby-making territory next year! We're currently wrapping up a pre-baby European adventure (yay German beer!).

PS: I am not interested in arguing about whether or not veganism is safe during pregnancy unless you are my doctor. If you are my doctor, hello! But I am of course happy to answer questions posed in a respectful manner, and as you can tell I am not at all defensive about this from past bad experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Brisbane noob - offbeat 20-something vegan looking to make a small human.

Welcome to bubhub.

Best wishes on your TTC journey.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I love your intro way to put your self in a box/s... lol !
    I did have one question about being vegan, I used to be vegetarian and I found I could never get enough vitamins minerals from just my food and went slightly made without meat so how do you do it? How do you get enough stuff you need? I say this out of respect I am just rather curious.
    And BTW congrats to you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brisbane noob - offbeat 20-something vegan looking to make a small human.

Hello other fellow vegan! There are actually a few of us on here!
    I am currently with child, about 8 weeks along so far!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-01-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome. Enjoy that german beer (I made up a song about drinking german beer after drinking my first stein of beer at the hofbrau haus...one handed).

Enjoy brisbane, and have fun ttc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Great, welcome aereht! I am a newbie too. I'm also keen to hear more.. I am a vegetarian and wondering if I am going to be able to keep it up during pregnancy.

Congrats VeganMum!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm not in Brisbane but I am vegan too ...(and coeliac)
    Have been veg*an for more than half my life and i don't take supplements of any kind cuz I get enough nutrients from my food (except I do now that I am pregnant.. 10+4w... I take the rainbow light vegan prenatal vitamins )
    Good luck for your TTC journey <3

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Brisbane noob - offbeat 20-something vegan looking to make a small human.

Hi guys, I'm in melbourne and have also been veg*n for 20 years and vegan for the last 5. I've got a 21 month old ds and a 2 week old dd and managed both pregnancies vegan and with no issues so it can totally be done! All the best for the ttc and if course the travels!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheers I thought I'd put all my weirdness out there right up front, in the hope of finding some other slightly odd people!

I do my best to get everything I need from food, and when I'm paying attention and being good it works, but like most people I go through lazy periods where I just eat the same think. I always take supplements and get tested for deficiencies regularly. Knowing your vitamin sources is a big one. Thanks for the question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Good to know there are a few vegan people I can commiserate with if I suddenly start craving bacon.

When it took a couple of days for my post to get replies, I thought I might have come out.of the gates a bit strong :P It's usually the only way I can do it.