+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maybe baby saliva test

Hi ladies,
    Just wondering if anyone has used this ovulation tester?
    I have never used it before ttc #3 but I'm finding it a little confusing..
    The results seem to show up correctly in accordance with my cycle etc.. but when I test first thing in the morning (as recommended) I get very faint results.. when I test throughout the day (after no food/drink etc for 3+ hours I seem to get actual clear results..eg: yesterday and the day before ..I tested in the morning and it looked like transitioning but later those days it was full ferning which should have been the case as today is o day.. .I also don't get a result until at least 20min after allowing test to dry.. anyone else had this happen??

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Maybe baby saliva test

Anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I used this tester when TTC but in the end it didn't end up being very useful for me because I was diagnosed with PCOS and it turned out that I wasn't ovulating so it was no wonder I wasn't getting very good results with the saliva test. Sorry thats probably not very useful for you!

If it helps though, I would also have to wait about 20 mins to actually see something on the screen, also there were a couple of times I tested during the day (hours after eating) and got the fern pattern and got my hopes up, but the first morning reading was the correct one because with my lack of ovulation there would have been no way to get the fern pattern; I think it was the residual sugars etc from the food causing the false positive.

After going on medication to enable ovulation I continued using it but found measuring and recording my body temperature every morning to be more useful and less time consuming.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Maybe baby saliva test

I used one, and u found it quite good. It was a while ago, but from memory you are supposed to do it first thing in the morning because eating and or drinking can change the results. In fact eating or drinking anything other than water in the 3 hours before testing can change the test entirely. Your morning reading is probably the most accurate.
    I used the website for more info, as I lost the pamphlet after the first week LOL!!!
    Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Maybe baby saliva test

Thanks for your replies
    Yes if I test through the day I always ensure its been 3+hrs since food drink etc...
    Well I have had ferns for 1week now.. I am hoping this is a good sign!!!!! .fx