+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Compact booster with 5 point harness and carseat/capsule.

Hi everyone,

So Df and I are back on the band wagon with TTC. But we have one concern, We own a Hyundai I30 and i am much inlove with the car that i wont be able to part with it.

So we have said to be able to fit 3 car seats across the back we will need to look at compact carseats, boosters and capsules.

We would upgrade cars once Baby #3 is a little older and we have had the car for 3 years. ( we update every 3 years it is nearly 2 years now)

Does anyone know what compact carseats, booster and capsules i should be looking at? The booster must have a 5 point harness

on this website they are using quite bulky carseats and capsules. but it does fit 3 carseats along the back.

Thanks in advance everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have across the back of my Astra a sns hiliner, SnS compaq and a SnS royale which is rear facing.
    When DS was a newby he was in the capsule before the royale.
    How old are your LO's?
    The compaq and hiliners are the narrowest SnS models and fit together quite nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    I have across the back of my Astra a sns hiliner, SnS compaq and a SnS royale which is rear facing.
    When DS was a newby he was in the capsule before the royale.
    How old are your LO's?
    The compaq and hiliners are the narrowest SnS models and fit together quite nicely.
    DD will be 4 in Feb and DS will be 3 in feb. I am not to fussed with the brand etc as long as they all fit across the back and are safe .

We have sold most of our baby items off including the capsule so will be needing to buy a new one.

Is the Astras backseat larger then the i30 or about the same, Sorry have never seen a backseat in the astra

Thanks
    Reviews

I think the seats would be about the same size.
    The hiliner doesn't have a 5 point harness, but you can buy a H harness to use with it. We use it just with the lap-sash belt for our 4 yr old.
    If you haven't started TTC yet, I'd hold off on new seats- there seems to be new ones coming out all the time.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks , DD is quite small and we was looking at using a harness or lap-sash. But decided to stay with inbuilt harness as dd is the size of a 2.5-3 year old so quite small.
    I have just saw a another post recommending the hip senator but not sure if it is small. The problem i can see is the top of the booster will be the problem as they go out wide on most boosters like someone swimming ( Swimming Arms) It is the only way to describe what i mean I am looking for something that is to wide at the top then it would all fit in prefectly

Thanks
    Reviews

If you got pregnant right now, you wouldn't be due until September-ish, you could get 2 compaqs and hire a capsule for 6 months or so. Then bub could go into one of the compaqs (rear facing if you wanted) and your oldest, who would be almost 5 might be big enough for a booster with a H harness or lap-sash.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents have an i-30 with 3 carseats across the back for my kids. My almost five year old is in a Maxi cosi complete air (in the middle) it is 5 point harness bc I think he is to little not to be in one and he will be in it for a little bit yet. I will have to look at what the other 2 are for you. I think my youngest 6 months is in a zuzu seat and have no idea what the other is.

BUT the other was brought before the maxi cosi complete air came out and it is pretty wide. I would buy 2 maxi cosi complete airs and a reverse facing seat(like a safe and sound compaq) if I was buying 3 new now for my kids. They would all fit I am almost certain.