+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Boxing day sales

Did anyone get any good sales today?

I almost bought a guess handbag from myer for $80 but wasnt sure if it was a good deal or not so left it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never been to a boxing day sale. I don't even go to the mid-year toy sales.

Are they really as frantic as the ones they show on the news, with crazed shoppers barelling over each other? Or are most of them pretty normal, just busy?

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I did the Boxing Day sales yesterday but i did them online. I bought some shirts for myself and DH from Country Road, a handbag from Sportscraft, some shoes from Myer and a few bits and pieces for the kids here and there.
    They were all items I had looked at pre Christmas but weren't sale items until yesterday (online) and added bonus - no lining up or queuing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I've never been to a boxing day sale. I don't even go to the mid-year toy sales.

Are they really as frantic as the ones they show on the news, with crazed shoppers barelling over each other? Or are most of them pretty normal, just busy?
    pretty normal usualy just busy ...the sales (IMO) are never that great ....its alot of hype really ! ...they used ot be better ..but these days (since the GFC really) the sales seem to start even before christmas

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Need~More~Coffee~Please* For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (26-12-2012),Janesmum123  (27-12-2012),WineTime  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Boxing day sales

It was insanity this morning on the Gold Coast!

I went straight to Oroton because they had 50% off storewide. Picked up a handbag (reduced from $395 to $195) and an umbrella (I've always wanted an Oroton one), reduced from $65 to $30.

I had a bad dizzy spell immediately after (the air con wasn't working properly and there were millions of people), so I needed to leave before I could check anywhere else out.

I might check out David Jones tomorrow or the next day when the crowds are a bit less and the air con is functioning again.
    Last edited by Here Kitty; 26-12-2012 at 22:05.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Boxing day sales

Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    pretty normal usualy just busy ...the sales (IMO) are never that great ....its alot of hype really ! ...they used ot be better ..but these days (since the GFC really) the sales seem to start even before christmas
    Exactly this. I've worked almost every boxing day for the past 15 years... Mostly its hype.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Boxing day sales

I'm back at work for a day Friday as i work in the city I'll go checkout Myers, I saw online some cheap baby stuff

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went today and it was MAYHEM. I don't think it's all hype though, we did get some good bargains. DH got some shorts that were originally $50 down to $10. I got a couple of dresses that were $70 down to $35 (half price). One of the kitchen shops had 60% off everything storewide and a shoe shop had 40% off everything. The typo shop had nothing over $5, which was pretty awesome.

A lot of the shops had massive "SALE" signs, yet nothing was really on sale that isn't normally, so I guess some don't really partake.

I will avoid it next year though, it was way too busy. The walkways were crammed with people, there were line ups to actually get into shops, and then even bigger lines to purchase the items. At one of the shops I just handed the shorts back to the woman because I couldn't be bothered waiting in line.

I don't like crowds and groups of people who walk really slowly in a long horizontal line, so yeah, definitely NOT my scene.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Boxing day sales

I didnt go, to me sales are on ALL year round!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Online is the way to go - the Boxing Day sales items I ordered online from Myer (on Christmas Day afternoon) just arrived this morning

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (27-12-2012)