+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Infertility is $hit!!

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post
    I'm having a woe is me day. Every woman and her dog is preggers but me. Not kidding, there are at least 14 women pregnant where I work and thats not including the wives and g/f of other guys here.
    After 6 yrs, 2 miscarriages and a hell of a lot of ivf, I thought I would be past feeling like this. When does it get easier?
    Is anyone else feeling like this??

Poppy x
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Yep, I do too & it's been two years for us with 1 miscarriage - couldn't imagine what you've been though.
    I'm annoyed (purely out of jealousy) that every Tom, **** & Harry have saved their pregnancy announcements for Christmas Day!
    Hurts bad, I just want it to be me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am right there with you girls. It's hard. And its even harder at this time of the year. I want babies to love and spoil and do christmas traditions with. I want the milk and cookies in my lounge room, I want to do fun christmas stockings and be woken up early!

A friend told me last week that she knew how I felt and that i should just relax and give up and then I would get pregnant. She tried for 6 and a half months for her second baby and her first one was while she was on the pill. And she said that she had totally given up on having another child and then BOOM it just happened. And thats what I should do- just stop stressing about it.

My goodness I cannot stand being lectured on how to get pregnant by someone with one kiddo and one on the way. Its so upsetting. The dumb things people say, right? I know they mean well and so I try not to get angry with them, but really people? I did tell her that I have given up numerous times in the nearly 2 years we have been trying, but still no baby. I wonder how many people think it's just our fault for being too stressed about it? Not that it really matters.. but from peoples comments to us, I would say there are a few.

Currently sitting in gloria jeans and so many new babies keep coming in.

Infertility sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Infertility is $hit!!

Oh the good 'ol stop trying, relax, go on holiday, pray blah blah blah. Or just adopt, coz there r millions of babies that need homes. Yes I have tried not trying and all the rest. And yes it's worse coming from preggers people.
    Like we would spend thousands of dollars to be on this horrid rollercoaster by choice!
    I hate that my experiences have helped soooo many of my friends get preg. I have taught people about timing, temps, ivf, vitamins, accupunture etc. All for them to go off and get preg before me. I know I should feel good about that but it's frustrating. My friends call me the baby guru.
    We are all in this together girls.
    Poppy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe how many people are getting preggo and i read today one australian celeb who said she had been on the pill and went off it and in 13 weeks she was pregnant with her 2nd, was 37 years old only a year younger than me and was overjoyed...said hubby had supersperm (whatever)(rolling eyes).

i'm 38 been off the pill 13 weeks too, but I'm not a celeb and I'm not lucky blah blah... god some people

Thanks
    Reviews

Infertility is horrible and if u don't go through it I don't think you will ever know the heart ache of it! My brothers gf is due in about 4 weeks and I'm so scared of how I'm going to cope I was so upset when I found out they were expecting! I do think I have become a stronger person through all of this but some days my heart is so broken! I have had so many ppl give me advice and I feel like saying umm you don't think I've tried all that! Grrr
    HUGS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Im so sorry!
    I'm a success story from ivf.. A long road, but we got there.
    4 years of treatment and we got ds. A few frozen transfers and I full cycle and am now 30 weeks pregnant. Didn't take as long the second time, but certainly was a long journey still.
    I remember at the 4 year mark how disillusioned I was.
    Everyone was pregnant and I was so depressed. I look now at all the 6 year olds and remember all the announcements that were whispered to us quietly as they thought it would be better to tell us quietly alone than in a big group.
    It's the crappiest thing ever and no one understands.
    I pray you all get your bfp so soon!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another IVF success, ready to start trying for number 2 in Feb.

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm STILL ****ed when people say stupid **** like some of the examples here! I also never ask people if they are planning to have kids, because you never know whether they even want them, or if like me they were having problems. I had a friend get pregnant while I was ttc and I didn't want to go to a dinner at her house, not because her pregnancy upset me, but because all the baby talk usually ends with someone turning to the childless married couple and asking the dreaded "So when are you two going to have kids?". We didn't tell many people about my fertility issues so I HATED being asked that question.
    Wishing a bfp for all of you in the new year Infertility sucks big ones