+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Infertility is $hit!!

I'm having a woe is me day. Every woman and her dog is preggers but me. Not kidding, there are at least 14 women pregnant where I work and thats not including the wives and g/f of other guys here.
    After 6 yrs, 2 miscarriages and a hell of a lot of ivf, I thought I would be past feeling like this. When does it get easier?
    Is anyone else feeling like this??

Poppy x
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I constantly feel like that :-( I had a miscarriage last November and my niece was born in July and I would have been due in June so it's a constant reminder of what I don't have. Oh plus IVF failures and I'm 24!!!! Give me a break world!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Infertility is $hit!!

You're not alone Bethy.
    I discreetly walk out of preg related conversations and no one notices but today one of the guys thought it was funny that I was upset and kept picking on me about it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Been there, totally understand. Now that I (finally) have a child of my own I'm still quite sensitive to others who don't have kids (whether thru infertity or just choice) and tend not to go on about pregnancy, babies, etc. Some ppl can be so thoughtless. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post
    today one of the guys thought it was funny that I was upset and kept picking on me about it.
    What!?? What kind of horrible person would do that? I think I probably would have broken down crying -- that might have shut him up.

I can definitely understand the feelings you describe in your first post too, even though it's only been 2 years for us.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh PoppyLoppy, I totally get where you are coming from. It seems like there are pregnant women everywhere right now! I wonder if its just because I'm overly tuned into it?? It's very hard.

To top it off we have learned of so many friends pregnancies in the last few weeks. Each one hurts.

Sorry you're feeling down, but you are not alone at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    What!?? What kind of horrible person would do that?
    Probably the same person who told me yesterday (yes, as if Xmas wasn't difficult enough already) I was lucky I didn't have children...

Seems I'm lucky to have spent thousands on fertility treatments, have two failed ivfs and a m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    geez even theres tons of celebs pregnant..i don't know why other people have so little trouble and yet we all get to go through hell..I hear of some women having ten kids and eight kids hell i can't even have one..why is it like this????

If I hear of one more celeb pregnant I will throw up!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Infertility is $hit!!

Thanks everyone for the support. Yes I am definately a little over sensitive and I hate being like that. Maybe its this time of year too, I wish I had a little one to spoil and wake me up on chrissy day.
    Aarrrgggh

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's normal to feel the way you do poppy and everyone who has been on this ivf train. Ours is a bit of a trainwreck as have had no success and now over 40 this year so the chance of success worsens to add to our woes. yes every pregnancy around me is tough reminder of our failure.