+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4am waking toddler.....

I have 22 mth old twins....one who sleeps through but can wake anytime after 4am ready for the day. The other wakes frequently during the night, so between the two of them, I am just exhausted. I've not had more than a 4 hour block of sleep in 2 years, and that has only been a handful of times. And I'm 37 weeks pregnant, which makes the sleep issue alittle more pressing.

We are booked in with an ENT for my frequent waker, so I'm just wondering if any other mums out there have a similar problem with the 4 am starts...and any successful tips....was it just a phase? how long did it last?

A little more info.....for the most part, he is happy enough to start the day, and we tried everything to get him to resettle but to no avail. He goes to sleep between 7-730. We have a consistent routine every night. He has one day-time nap....and he can sleep anywhere between 2-3 hours...I wake him at 3pm if he hasn't already woken, and I won't let him sleep longer than 3 hours. Even if he has a shorter nap, it doesn't change the early sleep time. He is a good eater, so I don't think he is hungry. We co-sleep. It is still dark at 4am, so I don't think the morning light or birds are causing this. I do wonder if he is hot/cold...not sure. he doesn't take a bottle so feeding him back to sleep is not an option. I wish I'd kept bf'ing during my pregnancy, because that did seem to resettle him, even for another hour. But an extra hour is all I'm asking for! I refuse to except that 4am is just an early riser....it is still in the middle of the night for me!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumping..... hoping someone may have come across the same issue