+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Do initials really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    BigRed - something our "dear ....'s" probably don't get many of whilst ttc as it's a bit of a waste
    Thanks, I did google. I'm 36 years old and can definitely say that I've never heard of it being called that before, and I've given quite a few in my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ooops...i didnt even think of this!

The sex of ours is a surprise and the boys name we have picked is Beau Joseph...I was thinking he'd be called BJ for short thinking it was cool!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly if people/kids are the type to tease or bully over the initials of a name... they will always find something else to pick on. I don't think this would really enter into it for me if I really liked a name. Well... maybe A.S.S.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Do initials really matter?

My brother's initials are BJ and he has never been teased for it. He gets called BJ as well, not in a mean way.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DP is a BJ. We laugh about it occasionally, but I don't think many people really comment on it. That's first and middle name. Take the middle initial away and he's BS, which I laugh about too, but from what he's said, nobody else has every really mentioned that before.

My brother is BAD and my Dad is ABCD. Brother loves his initials, Dad doesn't mind his either.

Mine aren't at all special or amusing, and I don't care much either. Unless it ended up as SL.U.T or something like that, then I don't think it matters too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wouldn't do it. But I notice other people's initials (I have a mind that plays with words too much!)

Thanks
    Reviews

I went to school with a Barbara-jean and she got BJ. Never teased about it though I didn't know there was a "meaning" for BJ and I'm not sure others did either.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh THAT! Hehe! I've never heard it referred to as BJ!