+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Showcase your favourite Xmas gift!

I bought myself a spice rack from the kids. DF bought himself $450 wheels yesterday so merry Christmas to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We only bought presents for the kids this year so I didn't personally get anything but DH and I have been wanting to get an outdoor lounge suite for ages, so we bought this for ourselves....ImageUploadedByBub Hub1356477799.826371.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CuddlesAwait For This Useful Post:

tatia&shura  (27-12-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I got a bike and 3 seasons of a show we watch together. Not really impressed DVD's of a show we are recording on foxtel (he knows I never re-watch tv/movies) and a bike..really not me at all! The only time I will use it is when he is home to watch DD and I can go with the boys for a bike ride plus he bought himself a bike a few months ago 4x the quality of this one. Just not impressed at the lack of thought, ungreatful I know but I did go to a lot of effort and time to find him lots of little gifts. Of course I promised him we would get him an iPad but not for Christmas as I didn't want him knowing what he was getting. So he gets that and a bunch of really cool gifts, I got a crappy bike and the DVDs. Guess they go with my crappy car and his ex-laptop. Not really feeling very special atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Showcase your favourite Xmas gift!

I got a pikachu onesie!

Lol

My dh gets upset that I always guess what he buys me, so he bought something random

Also got a roboking vacuum. Yay!

It was also my gorgeous boys 4th birthday, how do you ever top that gift?!

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got lots of great presents

My favs are Mimco earrings, pandora rings, nespresso machine (to share, and we set it up 2 weeks ago ) and heaps of new bonds knickers. Can't wait to pack away all the ones that are too tight on my bum at the moment!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    There seems to be a few replies in a few threads where people got nothing from their partners/husbands. What's the deal with that?! Sorry, that's probably another thread.
    DH never buys me Xmas presents (and rarely birthday or Mother's Day presents), I usually buy him stuff but just didn't have the time or money this year. We have 5 kids and we give them a big Christmas and I prefer to use the money for them than get presents myself.

However, my DH buys me several 'just because' presents randomly during the year. I've received a purple GHD straightener, an iPad, a coffee machine, gift cards with $300 just to buy myself clothes with etc. just because he felt like doing something nice, so I let him off the hook

Honestly I think special occasions just put the pressure on him too much and he can't think straight, so he just avoids buying anything at all! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DH bought me a Kardashian Kollection zebra print hand bag with the matching purse. It's stunning! Very blingy just like I like it!
    Oh and a baby in my belly .. best Christmas present ever!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I got a bike and 3 seasons of a show we watch together. Not really impressed DVD's of a show we are recording on foxtel (he knows I never re-watch tv/movies) and a bike..really not me at all! The only time I will use it is when he is home to watch DD and I can go with the boys for a bike ride plus he bought himself a bike a few months ago 4x the quality of this one. Just not impressed at the lack of thought, ungreatful I know but I did go to a lot of effort and time to find him lots of little gifts. Of course I promised him we would get him an iPad but not for Christmas as I didn't want him knowing what he was getting. So he gets that and a bunch of really cool gifts, I got a crappy bike and the DVDs. Guess they go with my crappy car and his ex-laptop. Not really feeling very special atm
    It can be a bit depressing when our other halves don't put in the same effort. If it makes you feel any better I just think men can be rubbish gift buyers, I wouldn't take it to heart.

Just remember gifts are just material goods, they are not a sign of love or respect or trust, so if your other half treats you well and loves, respect and trusts you, you're onto a good thing!!

Maybe in future agree that for Christmas you will buy each other just one gift. Put a price on it and maybe both provide a list of things you would love, that way you will not have to get upset in the future when you don't get as good a present as you give.

It's exactly why we don't celebrate Valentines day. I don't believe in it, it's just a commercial holiday that makesmore women get upset about not getting anything, it's not worth it, IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Showcase your favourite Xmas gift!

Pics Ftm! I'm jealous lol I love the leopard bag

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

This is my fave! Onesies from BIL and his GF. (DH is from UK and I love anything with Union Jack on)
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (26-12-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast