+ Reply to Thread
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Vent!!

I am sooooo disappointed! I have always loved Christmas, and was so looking forward to celebrating my 10 week old's first ever Christmas with my DH and my mother, who travelled over from NZ. Well, he has had the worst day that I can remember - he pooed through his special Christmas outfit before his granny even arrived! Apart from about ten minutes at the start of the day where he was his beautiful, happy self, he cried and cried all day from terrible gas, and I can't for the life of me figure out what I could have eaten to cause it. I was even tempted to stop feeding him for a couple of days and try formula, because it is so heart wrenching to hear him cry like that.

I mean, he has cried ALL DAY. Thank god for the patience of my husband, who has rocked and cuddled him almost the whole day, because I was struggling to cope - I felt disappointed, and guilty, and responsible, and frustrated, and sad. Then my Mum was offering hints and advice, meaning well but she was kind of crowding me. I knew that he wouldn't remember anything of the day, but I was hoping for really lovely memories.

Anyway, I hope everyone else has had a wonderful day! Hopefully 2013 is a better one for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Vent!!

sorry it wasn't as expected

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Vent!!

Aw that's such a shame If the wind pains continue, you could sit him in a warm baby bath, gentle heat will help the pain like it would period pain. And you will have many more Christmases to enjoy with him. The occasion means nothing to him and even tho it's not the memory you dreamed if, it will still be part of your "baby" memories.

I remember one Christmas with my two (now 3&5) I cooked lunch, served it up, sat them at the table and they both feel apart in front of our eyes. They had some bug, dh &I had to abandon dinner & comfort them. I think we ate about 3 hours late, stone cold ruined dinner. At the time it was awful but honestly, today I mentioned it to dh and we both just had a bit of a wry giggle about it. Those were the days and things have changed so much.

Hope your evening is better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vent!!

:-( nothing ever goes to plan with kids no matter why age! One day you will look back and say "remember when..."

This year we reminisced about last year when the while family sat down to full cooked breakfast and as soon as we too our seats DD, who was 1 1/2 at the time, projectile committed over the entire table!!! No breakfast left for us :-( funny now but then....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent!!

Omg bloody autocorrect, that was projectile VOMITED!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent!!

Aww hugs! My DD suffered badly from wind every night for a few weeks when she was a few weeks old but she did seem to grow out of it and now happily burps and farts (a lot!) and easily. I'm breastfeeding too, I tried to think of foods I had eaten but it's hard to know. Keep up the good work mama