+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Warning - rant ahead

Tell them all to get stuffed! Its your baby so you do what you want! People will find any reason to criticize mothers...I get it from my family all the time. Just don't listen and certainly don't let them put you off breastfeeding..its the most wonderful special bond you can have with your baby.

Right now its christmas day and I've left the in laws to come in to feed my son to sleep and its the nicest way to spend a few minutes away from everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Families that are opposed to your view and not supportive in the least are terribly difficult to deal with, regardless of what issues you disagree on.

Perhaps next year it'll be better to not attend?

Hope the day doesn't get any worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Warning - rant ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Waggers, BREASTFEEDING IS GOOD! Keep it up it's what God has given us Mummies naturally! Big hugs to you!

My bub is having diarrhea since Tuesday, it's been a whole week...DH just bought soy formula and asked me to stop giving BM for a few days to give his tummy a rest in case it's the lactose that's the troublemaker. Here I am expressing as I type.
    Lactose intolerance exhibits by green mucousy poos. And it just wouldn't turn up- it would be a recurrent thing. Also most kids intolerant to dairy are also intolerant to soy.

Sorry op for hijack

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (25-12-2012),threechooks  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hijack away - mum2 have a read about lactose overdose too. My boy did have overdose and it improved with spacing feeds and block feeding. Also I think your lo had vaccines recently - that can cause diarrhea too. Keep up your own fluids

Am so looking forward to this Christmas being over. The rest of the day so far has improved by DH and I being very antisocial and staying with bub. Bf right now

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

Mod-xkwzit  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Warning - rant ahead

I think also soy formulas aren't recommended especially for boys due to the hormones? I think you need to get some medical advice, if he has a virus causing diarrhoea then breastfeeding is the absolute best thing for him

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

meme  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies...

We took bub to GP and he suggested giving glucose water and reduce formula. We went to the pharmacy to get glucose a staff recommended probiotic instead. So we bought the probiotic but after giving once for three days, decided to stop. Not even sure if he is supposed to take it this young! We then cut his formula strength but didn't work.

his diarrhea didn't get better until we switched to soy on Monday morning. It almost immediately became better and better and he isn't having any since lunch yesterday. We read on the Internet (Dr Sears) that his intestines cannot heal due to the constant lactose input. And he wasn't having green mucousy poo...it was runny yellow not smelling poo (I know all of you including my MCHN think its bfg poo but he takes a lot of formula compared to BM). His usual cow's formula poo is thick and green (due to iron in the formula) before the diarrhea so the change in poo colour and frequency seems too sudden and drastic to us.

DH just felt that we should give his body a break from lactose from my milk and cows formula. I expressed whole yesterday and latched him a bit and more today haven't seen the diarrhea so far. I reckon the cows formula is the culprit causing the prolonged diarrhea. So going to stay on BM and soy until the tin finishes. We then see how it goes after that.

Ps I know about the phytoestrogens thing and told DH to buy S26 Delact or karicare Delact but the id$@t decided to buy the karicare soy! Can't believe he bought it when I already told him about soy. He said it was on discount!

Waggers, yeah being drinking lots water like a water buffalo ATM and it really does make me produce more BM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    Hijack away - mum2 have a read about lactose overdose too. My boy did have overdose and it improved with spacing feeds and block feeding. Also I think your lo had vaccines recently - that can cause diarrhea too. Keep up your own fluids

Am so looking forward to this Christmas being over. The rest of the day so far has improved by DH and I being very antisocial and staying with bub. Bf right now

I though it might be rotavirus vaccine too but that was two weeks before the diarrhea...supposed to be only few days to a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeeks! He just did a soy milk poo and it really stunk! But at least it's no longer diarrhea.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh the joy of poo Percy had an explosive poo all over my mum earlier today - very funny I must say tho I'm glad I didn't wear it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and I just got another lecture because I'm not waiting at least 4 hours between feeds....