+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs It's definitely hard to be amongst a bunch of clueless idiots. You are doing a great job. 'Spoiling a 7 week old'- puhlease! You're providing nutrition. If you have a baby carrier, pop bubby in that and keep him close. I hope the time passes quick and you make other plans next year x

PS Breast feeding is there for a reason. If you can breast feed then do it. Give the unhelpful folk some sherry so they spend the afternoon napping or eat yourself stupid and leave. Go find a cheap hotel and have a night away from those idiots.
    Last edited by BbBbBh; 25-12-2012 at 09:04.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

Mod-xkwzit  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Warning - rant ahead

Urgh! How awful for you OP. Rise above it and know that only you know best. Sounds like you're doing an incredible job. 7 weeks is so young, lots of cuddles needed! Enjoy your Christmas bubby, booby cuddles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats ridiculous! How can you spoil a baby....and especially that young!

he has just come from a warm cosy place inside you and listening to your heartbeat and now you are supposed to ignore him? NO WAY!

When they are so little they need to feed constantly as their tummies are so small...with DD she was on the boob 24 x 7 for about the first 4 months and that was fine with me as I knew she was getting the best love and food that she needed.

And if bubs needs a cuddle....then cuddle! How can you not cuddle a baby.

It will be Thursday before you know it and then you will be home safe and sound. Just ignore the critisim as you are doing the best for bubs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm not a BF either but that just sounds awful! How dare they criticize you when you're doing a brilliant thing! I'd tell them all that if they mention it again you're leaving, give them a smile and leave it at that and hopefully it won't happen again.

You're doing a wonderful job in very hard circumstances and I hope you can enjoy your bub's first Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't listen to them op! It will be over soon and you won't have to listen to them. I'm still bf dd who is 2 so you can imagine the comments I get! Stay strong. When dd was 6 months old we went to see dh family in the uk and his g'ma insisted dd needed a drink of water!! We obviously were giving her water but she was bf on demand and I think dh's g'ma only ever saw me bf and thought I was depriving dd of water! People can be very narrow minded but also it could be a generational thing.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you TOTALLY are doing the BEST thing for ur baby!!! Don't listen and don't let it get to you!!!! Babies expecially @ 7 weeks are demanding but the bond you are building is amazing! Plus how can u possibly spoil a 7 week old!? They need you they need cuddles and milk and to feel safe how cruel to withold that!
    My mum keeps telling me that my milk has no substance because DD is 8 months old... I wonder how babies survived back in the day!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Warning - rant ahead

Again thank you all

It's so good to have a place to talk and get support. I'm holed up in the bedroom with a very awake cute baby - Safer than being in public and lectured on how I should leave him to cio in cot. Babies should sleep all day so you can do your housework according to my female relatives!

Unfortunately home is 4 hours away and there's no where to escape to near here. Our car is totally parked in too. DH says he now understands why it took me so long to accept affection as I wad obviously raised in a "don't cuddle" environment.

Hope everyone else is having a great Christmas

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I'd flat out call them out on their warped theories. Say something like "no offence but modern science has improved since you all had kids. The World Health organisation recommend breastfeeding until 2. Runny poo is the norm for breast fed babies. Young newborns need cuddles I am absolutley confident I'm doing the right thing. If you have any doubts feel free to call 000 or DOCs."

If your mum whinges about not having any help just say "sorry, it's very hard travelling with such a young bub that feeds every few hours. I'm not able to help as much as I'd like. If you'd prefer I can go home early."

If all else fails I'd tell them to **** off ... But that's me

Thanks
    Reviews

I could have written your post word for word several months ago!!!!! It's so hard in the early days and the pressure from family relating to bf & cuddling/holding bubs feels like it never ends. They all mean well but no one can tell you how to parent and what's right for your child.

All I can say is it gets better...(WAY BETTER) I am so happy that I persevered and got through the bf nipple pain and the super-clingy bub...I just gave her cuddles and being held to sleep when needed & she gained confidence as she grew (now 7MO) and is no longer so 'attached' all the time. She also learned to bf like a champ & that relationship is so special and beautiful - I am actually dreading the day it will end! I love knowing she gets the nutrients and antibodies she needs, particularly that she's been able to get over a cold so quickly as your milk adapts to what they need at any given time. It's so convenient too when our and about & if she's unsettled for any reason just whip out a b00b and alls good in the world....

And with the poo - bf babies poo is very very runny. I too had a lot of judgement because of that saying that there was something wrong with my milk etc.. from well meaning family who had all FF. But this is just not the case. If there's something wrong you will know - you can't mistake those signs.

Best of luck with it all and keep up the amazing job...it'll be tiring and exhausting but you'll get through and itll get better and you are doing what's best for you and bubs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waggers, BREASTFEEDING IS GOOD! Keep it up it's what God has given us Mummies naturally! Big hugs to you!

My bub is having diarrhea since Tuesday, it's been a whole week...DH just bought soy formula and asked me to stop giving BM for a few days to give his tummy a rest in case it's the lactose that's the troublemaker. Here I am expressing as I type.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 25-12-2012 at 11:22.