+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Anyone Else Waking Their Kids Up In The Morning?

Last year DP and I thought we would beat DS at his own game.....we set our alarm for 4:30am, rolled out of bed and had a coffee....at 5am we burst into DS room with Christmas music playing and bells jingling and woke him up to the joy of Christmas. It was HILARIOUS! He was sooo dozy and confused.We are considering doing the same tomorrow and starting a new tradition where on Xmas morning, we are the annoying ones waking him up and being all cheerful Anyone else done it or plan on doing it?....or are me and DP just plain cruel?
    Last edited by London; 24-12-2012 at 22:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hahaha that's great!

I don't think I could do it though, I value my sleep ins far too much. Plus this year the kids are at their dad's til 10am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My DD is not old enough yet.... But I think this is hilarious!! A definite to do to her when she is!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OMG that is hilarious I just showed hubby...maybe just maybe..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

That's hilarious!!! Definitely keeping this in mind for when the kiddies are older!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We won't need to - my dad is up by 5.30 and will here making noises to get us all up! ( mum and dad live down the st) and my brother and soon to be SIL are staying with me and we all open pressys together so dad let's himself in, turns all the tv,s on and stomps around then does the " oh I didn't mean to wake you all" as our family rule is no one can open a present until we are all up and seated around the tree! ( he did it every year when we were little also!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol that's great!

I wish we could do that. 5.05am is considered 'sleeping in' around here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No WAYYY!! I'm lucky if DD sleeps past 6am these days and DS is away with his dad, so I'll be waiting for her to wake up. But then she's too little and I haven't bought her anything and we don't have a tree so there's no point. We're heading off to my mum's after breakfast so the fun will start once we get there

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I do exactly what you did London! Christmas is the only day of the year that they decide to sleep in and I get sick of waiting so crank the carols and tickle them. I love watching their faces as it finally clicks that its Christmas. Priceless.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've decided to make it a tradition. Next year we should have a little 7month old so Im sure we will value our sleep more...BUT its one day a year and soo funny to see.

Cant wait to hear the alarm in the morning