+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: *spin off* Do you put together your kids Lego or do they?

Quote Originally Posted by tannedangel View Post
    Anyone who assembles Lego before gifting it to someone obviously doesn't understand the concept of Lego..
    Oooor.... They are a 33 year old manchild. DS has 'had' Lego since he was old enough not to swallow it. DP makes it and DS just plays with the figurines. He's not quite 3, so far too young to make Lego.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I buy Lego but it is given to the child/ren in the box it came in and it never has occurred to me to put it together for them - isn't that the point of LEGO? For the child to create and explore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *spin off* Do you put together your kids Lego or do they?

DS isn't even 2 but he loves Lego. I know technically it's not designed for 2 year olds but DH has a huge amount of it and they do it together. It's their bonding thing.

So when DS opens his "rubbish bin truck" tomorrow DH will assemble it while DS "helps" and will fix it multiple times during the day.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Anyone who assembles Lego before gifting it to someone obviously doesn't understand the concept of Lego..
    Totally agree lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Oooor.... They are a 33 year old manchild. DS has 'had' Lego since he was old enough not to swallow it. DP makes it and DS just plays with the figurines. He's not quite 3, so far too young to make Lego.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I buy DF his own lego haha

We normally build it together (DS1 is just 5) I do encourage him to do it himself but I lend a hand if he is having trouble finding a piece or placing it correctly or if he has missed a major piece that's effecting the rest of the build. He doesn't normally use the instructions anyway, he much prefers to build using his imagination which I think is much more important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default *spin off* Do you put together your kids Lego or do they?

DDs only 3 but loves Lego! We never put it together before we give it to her!! she is too young to do it herself so me or DH help. She loves finding the pieces and helping put them together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This! It's a construction toy, for a child to construct.

Oh and I've been buying older kids Lego eg 8-16 for my DS1 since he was little, about 4yo. He does it all on his own.

Thanks
    Reviews

I help ds build it after he opens it.
    I've just spent 2 freaking hours building megatron, aaargh
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    people give lego assembled ?

i have a no lego rule in this house as ds doesnt pick up after hinmself nor contain his mess to one area when asked . so lego is too dangerous with a crawling baby around !

however ds has duplo and loves it he loves to create planes and we fly them around playing games

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I buy Lego but it is given to the child/ren in the box it came in and it never has occurred to me to put it together for them - isn't that the point of LEGO? For the child to create and explore?
    This exactly^

DS1 always puts it together himself. He would be rather dissapointed if i did it for him and gave him the finished product.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    people give lego assembled ?

i have a no lego rule in this house as ds doesnt pick up after hinmself nor contain his mess to one area when asked . so lego is too dangerous with a crawling baby around !

however ds has duplo and loves it he loves to create planes and we fly them around playing games
    yeah, DS's Lego is at his dad's now as DD would be swallowing it if it were lying around.

Also, about the tidying up issue; we have combatted that by my mum sewing a big round Lego mat that lays on the floor with the Lego on it. Then when they're finished the mat is gathered up and stored for next time (it did have a drawstring on it but I took it off as I saw it as a strangulation hazard for the kids). A few pieces stray as he plays, but most stays on the mat and it makes tidying it up SO much quicker. If it weren't for the mat I couldn't handle having Lego in the house.