+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I give my kids Nutella sandwiches for dinner again because I just can't go through an hour of cooking for it to be prodded , scowled at and pushed to one side....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (25-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I get stressed and flustered and instead of talking to and Discipling my children properly I argue with them and try to guilt trip them! Pathetic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I feel like I must be the worst Mum when...

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    jasper got to that at 20 months. Can I say for me it was the difference of swapping a "lunch break" for an "early knock off" and I'd rather knock of early any day we got our evenings back to watch movies, eat dinner, have a glass of wine.

But it is hard going straight through no break. :-/ but I found it easier.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Yeah I'm seriously coming to that conclusion. But everyone says not to drop naps with a baby on the way. Will play it by ear and see how we go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    When I give my kids Nutella sandwiches for dinner again because I just can't go through an hour of cooking for it to be prodded , scowled at and pushed to one side....
    I am SUCH a lazy cook these days. No nutella sandwiches (DD hates nutella), but it's often, "sausages and salad," because it's one of the few things that doesn't require much effort and doesn't get whinged about. Well, it does... DP will often go, "What are IN these sausage?" and refuse to eat them based on the fact that they taste "funny," because they have something in them (even something basic like herbs... lol). But it's still less likely to be a fail than anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I feel like I must be the worst Mum when...

Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    I'm hearing you on this one - hot chips and baked beans for dinner last night here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Funny our kids had Nutella sandwiches last night too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't even buy Nutella I buy the cheap Italian version ..... Does that make it even worse?? Ha ha !

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I feel like I must be the worst Mum when...

When I get ****ed so I can smile through Christmas, whinge about the kids being hyper 'cos they've eaten the lollies I let them eat, then take the tree and all the decorations down at 6pm on Christmas Day because I just want it to be over.
    (My Mother passed away a fortnight ago and it's just $h!t without her).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by made2bAmummy View Post
    When I get ****ed so I can smile through Christmas, whinge about the kids being hyper 'cos they've eaten the lollies I let them eat, then take the tree and all the decorations down at 6pm on Christmas Day because I just want it to be over.
    (My Mother passed away a fortnight ago and it's just $h!t without her).
    I am sorry for your loss.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I feel like I must be the worst Mum when...

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    .... when my Aspie child goes on a spiel about Lego he has made that he is so proud of. And it has this that does this and then it has that over here that does that because of xyz and abc and that guy does this and blah blah blah blah blah.... and then after a while I start acting really really disinterested but he still doesn't stop, so then I have to ask him to stop. I feel terrible but his psych says I'm doing the right thing... :/
    I'm right there with you!

We are only human, and he is one brave man. Stuck in the house of crazy!!