+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I feel like I must be the worst Mum when...

When my 5 year old wets the bed on purpose (ie while she is awake) just to get my attention

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

When i can't help but roll my eyes and sigh when i hear DD1 talking on the phone to XH (speaker phone on my mobile in the car so not trying to overhear).
    He is such a ****** and says such stupid stuff to her thinking he is funny

Thanks
    Reviews

When I yell at the kids "Sit down!" and I know the neighbours can hear me coz the back door is open. They must think I expect my children to be sitting at all times, but I yell it out to them because they are jumping on the couches and I want them to stop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

When my 23 mo doesn't go to bed till 10pm but the thought of dropping his day sleep fills me with horrible anxiety of having no "me time" during the day.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (24-12-2012),jagamoe  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: I feel like I must be the worst Mum when...

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    When my 23 mo doesn't go to bed till 10pm but the thought of dropping his day sleep fills me with horrible anxiety of having no "me time" during the day.
    jasper got to that at 20 months. Can I say for me it was the difference of swapping a "lunch break" for an "early knock off" and I'd rather knock of early any day we got our evenings back to watch movies, eat dinner, have a glass of wine.

But it is hard going straight through no break. :-/ but I found it easier.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    .... when my Aspie child goes on a spiel about Lego he has made that he is so proud of. And it has this that does this and then it has that over here that does that because of xyz and abc and that guy does this and blah blah blah blah blah.... and then after a while I start acting really really disinterested but he still doesn't stop, so then I have to ask him to stop. I feel terrible but his psych says I'm doing the right thing... :/

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    .... when my Aspie child goes on a spiel about Lego he has made that he is so proud of. And it has this that does this and then it has that over here that does that because of xyz and abc and that guy does this and blah blah blah blah blah.... and then after a while I start acting really really disinterested but he still doesn't stop, so then I have to ask him to stop. I feel terrible but his psych says I'm doing the right thing... :/

I know the feeling

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Molly Coddle For This Useful Post:

CMF  (24-12-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I forget to do the milk and cookies routine on Christmas eve
    DS was sooo excited to get to bed so he could sleep, that he forgot......I was busy thinking about waiting for him to sleep so I could wrap presents, that I forgot. Oopsie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    *hugs* I understand.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

CMF  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

When I'm in bed at almost midnight and realise I didn't wrap DD's Xmas present :-O