+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mazda 2 - will it fit Safe n Sound Meridian?

I have to return my hired baby capsule. my problem is that I want DS to face the rear for as long as possible. i like the safe n sound meridian (or platinum) but not sure if it will fit in my Mazda 2.

Anyone have a M2 with a Meridian installed? Did it fit rear facing? What position on the back seat?

TIA

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I doubt it very much! Maybe have a look at the SnS compact?

Thanks
    Reviews

Give it a go... We have a car seat 'Zuzu' brand (given to us by a friend) which doesn't look too small and we could still fit a bigger car seat in probably, just by moving the front seat forward (it'll just make an uncomfy ride for whoever gets the passenger seat!) these little Mazda 2's are roomier than they look.
    Can you go to a baby shop and try loosely putting one into your car? You can do that with prams so should be right to do it with car seats I'd say.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh... And our car seat is rear facing. Like I said, not the smallest seat either, the previous owner had a massive car. Our mazda is the older (05) model, not sure how that compares room wise to the newer ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one rear facing in a tiny 2 door peugeot 206. Was fine. Your local baby store should let you test it out. Baby bunting & bubs baby shop let us here

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Mazda CX-7, and had the Meridian... However we couldn't have it in the middle as we had to put the seats right forward, and I would not have been able to drive like that... Sp it went behind the passenger seat and we put the passenger seat quite far forward - not particularly comfy to ride in, however i did it cos that was the seat i wanted... Hence I think it would be a very tight fit rear-facing in a Mazda 2....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it would be very tight rear facing if you want anyone to sit in the front passenger seat. We have a Meridian in a 4WD Hyundai ix35 and even then I found it squishy sitting in the front seat (the baby seat cannot touch the back of the front seat at all.

We have a Compaq and found it much easier to fit - I bought it & used in our Corollla and later in my Hyundai i30 with ease.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've had one in a Getz, perfectly a-ok

Thanks
    Reviews

We have a meridian in our barina sedan. It's tight but fits ok!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a Mazda2 and went with the Compaq. I think it would be a very uncomfortable ride for the passenger if you had the meridian in there and if you put it in the middle (I don't think you could as then both front seats would have to be quite far forward), you wouldn't be able to fit anyone else in the back. The back seats aren't very roomy in the Mazda2. But...go to Mothercare or similar big store and they'll happily let you test it out.