+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent - SIL gave me stained dirty used baby clothes

I wouldn't do it either, but if u got stuff u don't want put it in the bin if it's that dreadful or to a women's shelter/charity if u think someone else might want it.

We gave tons of all new items(fancy girls clothes, basinette, play dome with soft mat etc, brand name toys and a blow up jumping castle) to my DHs sister - when we had a girl 18 months later and didn't get it back - nor did I EXPECT to- they were gifts there's no 'right' to receive them in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Vent - SIL gave me stained dirty used baby clothes

Oh AND same - things looked much better after a good wash and line dry in the sun. I still got good wear out of the pjs, singlets and body suits. Seeing as it was for baby girl jaspers clothes were only "back up" for at home or after she'd vomited 27 times and I didn't have anything else for her. Maybe set aside some of the stained things if they are still wearable for emergency days. Because babies are great at waiting until you haven't washed for a few days, it starts raining, you're a bit busy.... then rocket it out both ends until you have nothing to put on them.

I've literally been so desperate I've put jasper in one of MY tshirts held tight with a hair tie. suddenly yellowish old faded onsies dont look so terrible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (24-12-2012),mum2twinboys  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ergh yeah. I can kinda see where OP is coming from. If I'm given *well care for* hand me downs, I'm touched. But stained and dirtied? No. Or even if I did, I'd say "Look, I have some old clothes. They've done the hard yards, so I thought I'd let you have a look through. Maybe you want some for home clothes, maybe you want some for cleaning rags, but feel free to op shop them."

I op shop the worn stuff. The nicer stuff I offer to friends, making clear they don't HAVE to accept.

I'm picky about clothes anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Sorry if this is harsh, it's not meant to be but at least u got something...

Anyway I doubt any hand me downs r in great nick! I know my DS's stuff isn't and that's only 1 kid. Fact is kids spill and spew and even with better washing powder sometimes u just can't get it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can I adopt you as my sister? I have been offering my sister all of DD's used clothes, and I make sure I'm only giving her the best stuff. I wash it all and get rid of any stained clothes. It's all good stuff too, including Sprout stuff, Bonds suits (which are pretty expensive new) and that sort of thing. You'd think she would at least take some of it, but she rejects MOST of it! Her reason is that she says she likes shopping (fair enough) and sometimes the items are 'not to her liking' (style wise). Like I said, it's all nice clothes in practically new condition, and I'm often stumped at the outfits she rejects. I've stopped offering her ANYTHING now, and instead am donating all of it to charity. Stuff her

In fact I've got a bag of lovely clothes by the front door to take with me tomorrow, I'll be dropping it off in the nearest charity collection bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My sister gave me about 8 massive bags full of clothes up to size 1 when we found out we were having a girl. She said they'd all been washed before being stored but not stain treated so some might have a few marks so to just chuck out what was unusable. I sprayed all the stains with pre-wash stain remover, then soaked them in warm water, napisan and laundry detergent and the majority came up like new, there were only a few things that needed to be binned. Maybe you just need to take the time to wash it all thoroughly and you'll see that it is ok for just wearing at home?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't do 2nd hand clothes..I'll pass clothes from DS1 to DS2 but I prefer to buy my own clothes, not really sure why? I give the decent ones away to friends when my kids are done with them and we use worse-for-wear ones as rags or I take them to an OP shop. My mum constantly gives me my nieces clothes for DD I usually just take them straight to the op shop, she has never asked and always says to do so if I don't want them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Vent - SIL gave me stained dirty used baby clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Can I adopt you as my sister? I have been offering my sister all of DD's used clothes, and I make sure I'm only giving her the best stuff. I wash it all and get rid of any stained clothes. It's all good stuff too, including Sprout stuff, Bonds suits (which are pretty expensive new) and that sort of thing. You'd think she would at least take some of it, but she rejects MOST of it! Her reason is that she says she likes shopping (fair enough) and sometimes the items are 'not to her liking' (style wise). Like I said, it's all nice clothes in practically new condition, and I'm often stumped at the outfits she rejects. I've stopped offering her ANYTHING now, and instead am donating all of it to charity. Stuff her

In fact I've got a bag of lovely clothes by the front door to take with me tomorrow, I'll be dropping it off in the nearest charity collection bin.
    Ooh she's missing out!!! I loooove sprout!! There clothes fit my ds perfect. So I love it when myer have a sale!!
    And bonds is also really good!
    Geez I wish I was given heaps of top brand second hand clothes!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub