+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone ever received a toys r us gift card with $0 balance?

Every year my Aunt and Uncle in the UK send my ds a Toys R Us gift card in the post for Xmas and today the card arrived with $100 on the card, but when I checked the card online there was a $0 balance on it. I have called toys r us and they said that they will get back to me about why the card has $0 balance instead of $100. I hope they get back to me soon as I want to go out n let my son choose his last few pressies from my ds from my aunt n uncle. It's just lucky I checked it before I went out to Toys R Us as I would have been totally embarrassed if I had got to the checkout with my ds n the stuff he chose n we couldn't get it because there was no money on the cards.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    they probably just stuffed up the purchase at the checkout - if the card isn't loaded with the money it wont work ... dont spose the relatives sent the receipt too???

we've had this happen in our family, so the receipt (for the money loaded) is always sent with the giftcard now
    Last edited by Veve; 24-12-2012 at 14:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This has happened to me too. I bought a Dymocks gift card one year but ended up giving something else instead so kept the gift card myself. When I went to use it it came up with $0. I'd bought it myself, so know I'd paid for money to go on, but did not have the receipt as I thought a gift card was as good as cash. Turns out sometimes the computer system messes up... I was not a happy customer.

Hope they can sort it out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll probably need the receipt as proof that money was loaded on to it.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Never happened but glad I always keep the receipt till I know the person has spent it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We've had that happen too with an iTunes card and they couldn't do anything about it as it had been a gift and we didn't have the receipt. I always make sure I have receipts for gift cards now!

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had the reverse happen at toys r us. I made a large purchase and used 3 cards to cover most of the cost. I watched them swipe the value off the cards but they didn't adjust the total owing correctly. For one of the cards they put it through as 0.02 instead of 20.00. Lucky I realised and made them fix it...

I seem to have problems every time I go to toys r us.

Hopefully they sort out the card for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, so glad I read this thread! Always going to mail the receipts now with giftcards... and hey, it's not like they don't KNOW how much I spent on them, right?