+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you wear when you swim in public?

If I can ever find a bikini to fit my boobs (12DD) then I just wear the bikini. Walking around I wear one of those hippy wrap around skirts and a singlet over the top but actually on the beach I figure no ones really going to care about my insecurities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm usually a 10-12, more like a 14-16 ATM (33w pregnant) I wear a tankini, but am conscious of having koala bear ears!! So try to find either a small wrap skirt or boarders to cover up :-) I don't usually have a lot of cellulite, but ATM it seems as though it starts at my knees - id hate to see my bum in a bikini bottom right now! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    A one piece with long board shorts.

I brought a bikini to wear under clothes. My loving DD's told me that "I could never wear them in public because my boob are like old man socks and my loose skin covers my bottoms so you can't tell I am wearing them.
    That's horrible! I'd get a thumping if I had ever said something like that to my mum! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    That's horrible! I'd get a thumping if I had ever said something like that to my mum! Haha
    It was said lovingly not in a mean way.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: What do you wear when you swim in public?

A bikini or a one piece, depending on how I'm feeling and also if I'm swimming laps or just lazing around. Both are really very modest (the bikini bottoms are almost boy legged and the waist goes almost to my belly button) I don't really care what people think of me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently I feel feral- im 32 weeks pregnant, so I wear boardies (although very short ones) and a singlet over my bikini.

Normally it's just bikinis though , not the really reaally skimpy ones though!

I actually felt more confident post having dd then before, I think it was that I didn't expect myself to have the perfect body anymore....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    If I can ever find a bikini to fit my boobs (12DD) then I just wear the bikini. Walking around I wear one of those hippy wrap around skirts and a singlet over the top but actually on the beach I figure no ones really going to care about my insecurities.
    You need seafolly!! Not just saying it because I sell it my brothers girlfriend is a 10e and swore to me I couldn't buy her bathers I proved her wrong! And best thing is the come in pretty prints and colours and you can mix&match sizes

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    You need seafolly!! Not just saying it because I sell it my brothers girlfriend is a 10e and swore to me I couldn't buy her bathers I proved her wrong! And best thing is the come in pretty prints and colours and you can mix&match sizes
    Hmmmm I think I'll look into this.
    To be fair I haven't done much bikini shopping I usually get discouraged after the first shop and just don't go swimming

Edit: woah I don't know if I can spend that much, I can barely stand spending $10 on myself D:
    Last edited by αληθη; 24-12-2012 at 11:04.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wear a 50s style swimsuit that comes down a little bit into short shorts on my bum -if that makes any sense at all! It's a halter neck with a little cleavage but it's pretty modest, I think the style is definitely sexy and makes me feel comfortable though. I don't like anyone to see my tummy except my husband but I have been on the beach in bikinis before when I was a bit thinner because it was really hot and I didn't care, I don't look at anyone else so I don't know if anyone is ever looking at me haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I am quite self conscious so I tend to always wear boardies over my bikini bottoms, with either a tankini top or a bikini top covered with a singlet top.

I am most self conscious of my boobs (E cup) and cellulite.

Do you feel the urge to dress modestly at the beach or public pool, or are you confident to rock your swimwear?
    Very confident to rock it
    2 kids and no stretchmarks and very little cellulite, my body is not much different to what it was pre pregnancy.