+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am 43 and just found out I am pregnant, are there any other older mums around

What wonderful news for you! My hubby's mum fell pregnant unexpectantly at 43 and had a perfect baby girl Huge congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations
    I am 40 and am also in the very early stages of my first. I'm about 5.5-6 weeks. Has been reassuring for me to read some of the stories in this thread as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I am 43 and just found out I am pregnant, are there any other older mums around

Congrats family friends of ours had a healthy beautiful baby at 41. There are a lot of advantages to it

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations :-) I was 42 when I had my DS in September and he's absolutely perfect in every way. I joined the FB group for September mums and a lot of the younger ladies whinged about pregnancy far more than I needed to so don't let anyone tell you you're too old. Just take it one step at a time, try not to stress and enjoy it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant help but worry but all your support and wonderful comments is reassuring

Thanks
    Reviews
    After 8years of trying I fell pregnant at 40 in between IVF cycles. I had the best pregnancy (although lots of worry as we couldn't belive our luck) and recovery was a breeze. Our little girl is now 3 - very happy and healthy. At 44 we were very surprised to find I was again pregnant. I'm now 29 weeks along and all is going well. We can't believe we have been blessed with two miracles :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Misty9 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had DS2 when I was 39 and at that age a midwife in the hospital said to me 'Women your age shouldn't be having babies'. I wish I had said 'Women like you shouldn't be working as midwives', but I was so shocked I said nothing. Older women make perfectly good mother and perfectly beautiful children. I turn 41 next month and intend on trying for baby #3 this year!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchypoo For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had a midwife say to me that she loves my bald baby not like the Indian and chong babies that are born with all that hair! I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. I should have reported her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats OP and to all PP that are pregnant past 40, you are inspirations and I can but hope to be blessed! I wish you all the best for the next several months

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 43 too and am 11 weeks pregnant, hi, where you from