+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I am 43 and just found out I am pregnant, are there any other older mums around

Congratulations x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I am 43 and just found out I am pregnant, are there any other older mums around

congratulations

sent from my castle in the sky

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: I am 43 and just found out I am pregnant, are there any other older mums around

Congratulations! This happened a dear friend of mine, she was 38, and has since had her second at 40. Fx for you, lots of sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations , I had my dd at 37 and brought home my ds the day I turned 40. He caused me worry with a nt measurement 3.6mm ( turned out fine, he is perfect) and I stressed the whole time as I had 2 previous m/c ! Relax and enjoy the pregnancy my babies are fine and healthy !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for comments and sticky vibes, I love hearing some of your success stories, thank you. I am not letting myself get excited, or maybe just a little. Its a long road ahead, wish I could stop trying to analyse every odd feeling in stomach area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 41 and 12 wks pregnant and have a 2 year old. I also have an adult son! Whilst I'd have to say pregnancy is much easier on a younger body, I'd also say that I enjoy and appreciate it a hundred times more now. The fact that I am older and I realise how quickly babies grow up makes me cherish it all the more.

There are a bunch of scary stats out there about having babies later (and about having babies in general) and it is easy to stress about that. I am a worrier by nature but what I have learned to do is break it down into hurdles. Our first was falling pregnant, then a visible heartbeat on the dating scan (if you get that far, chances of miscarriage significantly decline), then getting through the nuchal test, morphology scan, and so on. Just focus on getting over that next hurdle, and let each one give you strength and confidence.

Also, many of the stats, while scary, are still in your favour. For instance, I looked at the stats for having a baby with DS or trisomies at my age - one site said 1 in 53. Seemed terrifying...but when I went for that scan I just told myself I basically had around 97-98% chance this baby DIDN'T have those issues. Don't just look at the likelihood of something going wrong...look at the likelihood of something going right!

I hope you have a sticky baby!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first at 37 and my second at 40. Despite being described as a geriatric mother by the hospital I have 2 healthy boys.

many congrats, I wouldn't stress the numbers especially until all your numbers are in, my triple test took me from about 1:47 to 1:200. Good luck hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I am 43 and just found out I am pregnant, are there any other older mums around

I'm only 22 but a lady in my pregnancy class is 40 and due on same day as me! She's lovely and her partner is lovely too! No point to this I don't know there journey or anything it could be anyone of you lol!

Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. Age is just a number but being a great parent is a skill! Xx

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We have a 44 year old first time mum in our ABA group and I know a 46 year old who had a perfect little girl. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi there. Congratulations! We got our DD after many years of ivf and I was 39 when she was finally conceived through ivf. Then at 41 we found out I was pregnant naturally with DS. After all our TTC issues we simply couldn't believe it. I had a trouble free pregnancy and a healthy baby boy that is about to turn one. It's amazing how these things happen!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

vicki1  (03-01-2013)