+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sister troubles/vent

Seriously say something to her. Maybe she does want to talk about it but doesn't realise it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be hurt too.

But, things can sometimes be repeated out of context - particularly by children, who can't understand the complexity of feelings involved. She may have just been venting, and your niece interpreted that as 'hate' (which seems like a more child thing to say than adult).

She may be jealous, and was just sounding off - which we all do sometimes, no matter how much we love someone - and your niece may have over heard.

I'm not trying to make excuses - just that sometimes these things can come across worse when you don't have the full story.

Could you talk to your mum or dad about it? In that instance I'd be inclined to ask my mum, as I know my sister would have probably said stuff to her too. I know you said you don't like confrontation, but if it's going to eat away at you then maybe it would be better to say something?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Sister troubles/vent

Thank you all for your advice. I may just try to shrug it of eventually maybe was talen out of context maybe k heard her rant but yeah just dont like this feeling.
    I asked mum if its true and she said probly. Atm my mum is annoyed with her as mum and dad have her and her 2 daughters living with her. Long story short my 2 sisters are swapping houses. 1 my parents own and 1 my other sister owns. My sister had to clean out her house so they could renovate it for my other sister and her family to move in. my sister staying with my mum and dad. She was surpose to stay 1 month but will be staying about 3-4 months due to labourers on holiday and what not. She dont help my mum in anyway except make more mess. Of course my mum loves having the girls there but its like she has 3 kids under the age of 10 not a 7 yr, 10 yr and a 30 yr old.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sister troubles/vent

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I would be hurt too.

But, things can sometimes be repeated out of context - particularly by children, who can't understand the complexity of feelings involved. She may have just been venting, and your niece interpreted that as 'hate' (which seems like a more child thing to say than adult).
    ^^ this... I have been guilty of venting about my sister(s) in the past (usually to my DH - nothing that has been too bad, or got back to them that I know of! And I'm very careful not to do so in front of kids) I usually calm down pretty quick though (we have very complex family dynamics and issues that many other families wouldn't have...) If whatever it was is sill bothering me a day or so later I talk to her about it. I would hate for her to hear me all pent up full rant as it is more for my benefit (getting it off my chest) than something I really think and feel! Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Do you see her often? Will you be seeing her often in future? Do you want a close relationship with her (or rather, can you see that being an actual possibility)?

If no, then honestly, I'd just have a b*tch about it here, to my partner, to a friend... or whatever... and leave it be. No need to confront someone if you don't want or expect that it'll make a difference to your relationship.

I have issues with my brother and father, but I don't see them enough to worry about confrontations or discussing things. What's the point? We'll never be close. Me saying something is unlikely to change this, except perhaps make it worse. So I just suck it up, whinge about them to my friends, BH and my partner, but mostly just ignore it when I'm around them... because it's not like I see them often, it's not like we'll ever be great friends... it's just not worth my time and effort.

Little kids also catch snippets of things... and she might have caught that info after something happened, or someone said or did somethnig that triggered it. I say people are idiots all the time... I call my mother an idiot sometimes, for stupid things she does that annoy me, but I LOVE her to bits... I'd hate it if DD overheard me whinging to DP about something (and it's usually stuff like my mother being technology-illiterate or how she had burnt herself to a crisp to be "brown," or putting up with crap from her bf, etc... stuff that bothers me but no way means I HATE her)... and go tell my mother and have my Mum think I actually do hate her and think she's an idiot (in a hate way).