+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Where did you meet your new partner?

Met my DH online on aussie match maker, 7 years ago, we've lived together 5 years, married for two, have a baby of our own plus 3 kids from our former relationships

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Further to my last post, red flags on dating web sites for me would be:

* anyone describing themselves as being kind and gentle, "not enjoying fighting" etc. If they feel the need to point it out, then they most definitely are not! This is how exdh describes himself. He conveniently forgot to mention the urgent DVO I was issued against him...........................

Other turn offs for me are:
    * photos of motor bikes / cars

* photos of them bare chested

* or photos of their overseas travels

* photos of them riding bare chested on a horse while overseas (yes I did actually see a photo like this)

* any mention of loving drinking (exdh had alchol related probs), watching sport, partying on the weekend, participating in extreme sports, travelling overseas every couple months (only cause I can't afford to take 4 kids).

* anyone who describes themselves as being ridiculously good looking etc

I had a quick look at RSVP once and after culling anyone who mentioned the above, there was only one person who looked half decent, and I was too shy to join up and contact him.
    Lol my profile picture used to be of a car. I hope guys wouldn't not talk to me because of that?! I'm into vintage cars and Mazdas even have one tattoo'd on me!

I really think this is a personalised thing OP. you know your taste etc so really take these tips with a pinch of salt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Crankyoldcow - that's hilarious, you found your exDH?! Hope he didn't come up as a 'highly compatible' candidate

Are there really people that put topless pics up and call themselves ridiculously good looking?! Yikes.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've only recently started seeing someone and I had actually pretty much decided that after two years of being single I much preferred it that way.

I was also pregnant with my second child when my exH had an affair and I made him leave and to be honest with a pregnancy and then little bubba and toddler to care for - having a man in my life was the last thing I wanted.

I met my boyfriend (very new) out one night when I was with one of my girlfriends. He was out with two of my mates. It just kind of went from there. He doesn't have any children and I have my two boys. It's going well so far but still early days. I never felt comfortable about Internet dating as for me it felt like applying for a job and also seeking adequate applicants. I know others who've had great relationships stem from online dating. I think it's just a personal thing hey.

I honestly believe though that you'll find someone when you least expect it. I was in no way searching and was happy on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Maybe it's the age groups, it's common around my friends (early 20s).

Or is it a different sort of weird?
    I think it's a bit weird to look through your mutual friends on fb and send a friend request to people you don't know.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

As for the fb thing, it's common practice around my close fb friends to do that so maybe we're weird it's led to some good friendships though so I don't care ^__^
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 24-12-2012 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews

My new partner is actually my best friends brother :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyawayfree View Post
    My new partner is actually my best friends brother :-)
    That sounds like a perfect situation

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

I still don't get how adding friends friends on fb or messaging them saying hi is weird, you'd add more randoms on a dating site than people you may have met without realising hahaha
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 24-12-2012 at 19:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How I met DP was online, but not through online dating. Not gaming either (I game, but not really online... I don't like other people, especially in my games! lol). It was a chance meeting, we lived close enough to eventually meet up... and now it's nearly 5 years later.

It wasn't scary... but I grew up in a world of chat rooms and msn and stuff, so he wasn't the first person I met off the net. If I didn't like him I wouldn't have seen him again... same as meeting a person at a bar really. Everyone puts on their best behaviour at a first encounter... whether it be at a party, on a blind date or when you start chatting with them online... so I figure it's no less safe than meeting face-to-face the first time.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 24-12-2012 at 20:00.