+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    RSVP. He was the third date I'd been on and would have been the last regardless after the first two experiences. This is it for me...he is perfect and will be my lifetime partner. My children are 4 and 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Where did you meet your new partner?

I've said it a few times on here, but, eharmony chatted through fb for a few months before I finally decided to meet up for coffee (left it long I know but I just wasn't ready till one day I just clicked.. He was always keen from the start but never pushed me) a week after that we had a proper date (drinks and games of pool at the pub lol) and it went from there been together 14 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

For those that met through online dating - did you search for other single Dads, or just anyone? Did you disclose you were a single mum from the start?

Sorry for questions, no idea how it works yet! But I heard there's even a site dedicated for single parents to meet others? Is it easier to meet other parents than someone without kids?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I really don't trust gamers
    How do you people trust online people? I can barely trust real life people D:
    Some 'gamers' just don't have social confidence. My dp wouldn't talk to a girl in a night club or a pub etc... He wouldn't have the confidence. If you met him you would think he would. But he's always been the guy out of the group with one gf but she cheated on him! Then he stayed gaming, drinking & working 24/7 just no social life. Same with his friends. But they are the nicest people ever! It's just a game I don't understand it. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Where did you meet your new partner?

Met my new partner through friends of friends or rather my friends sister who cut his mum's hair.
    Had really just come to terms with being a solo parent and accepted and become happy with my single life. So it was interesting to find someone who wanted to date me and have a serious relationship. He says it was love at first sight for him. Took me a bit longer to trust that he wanted a relationship!

Now pregnant and engaged. And it's not always easy because it's happened so fast but he is such a good man and i am blessed to have managed to meet him because i know it can feel like you never will even meet a single man again let alone one you will click with!

Be happy and confident with who you are and what you have and then it's a bonus if fate delivers a new lover!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Why dont you trust gamers? Well honestly we talked a lot. I would stay up way late sometimes until 4 or 5 am talking to him over Ventrillo and we discussed everything. Then when he went to work and I went to work we talked through Facebook so in the time we talked we knew a hell of a lot about each other. It was a risk flying over across the world to meet someone but glad I did it everyone thought I was crazy
    Ex is a heavy gamer and had emotional affairs with gamer chicks and lied about himself (said he was fit, went to the gym and for runs often, made himself out to be a cool guy. I blew his cover when I was talking to one of them and they mentioned he was off to his gym session and I told them he cancelled out gym memberships because he never wanted to go)
    All the gamer mates I've met through him are all jerks, liars and flirt with a million girls and I just wouldn't trust them to stop it after we got together. Ex didnt.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    See my post above, sometimes its not 'just' a game.
    Definitely not with all the gamers I've met. Its their oxygen I swear.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

I've been meeting guys through online dating. It's been quite an experience.

There has been some rather frightening guys and some really sweet ones. I've got three that I'm still friends with on Facebook. Two of them I see often as friends now.

The ground rules are important. Don't go in suspicious of everything, but don't take it all as gospel either. Another thing is, don't let them know where you live! And if possible, give details to a friend you trust when meeting people for the first time.

As mentioned previously too... Your kids are a bonus, not a burden.
    I tell people straight up in my profile that I'm a single mum with a toddler, so time with me can be very limited. They're not allowed to meet my son for a while, although they do hear all about him lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I met fob because he added me through a friend who added me through an ex lol
    Also met a really good friend by adding him through a friend (though turns out he was in one of my lectures at uni too)

Troll through your friends friend list and add anyone who's profile looks remotely interesting or even send them a message saying hi
    I think that's a bit weird!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (17-08-2013),Luna Lovegood  (24-12-2012),RobinSparkles  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think that's a bit weird!
    Maybe it's the age groups, it's common around my friends (early 20s).

Or is it a different sort of weird?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast