+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Where did you meet your new partner?

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMum View Post
    Well at least you know you have one thing in common straight up :P
    Ahahaha unless I got given free tickets to particular concert. Happened to me when Metallica were playing in Sydney a couple years ago (although I don't mind Metallica, I wouldn't go out of my way to see them lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm so sorry to hear your story, GBH!!

I'm not single with children but lots of my friends with kids meet people on Facebook, dating sites and out in public. As pp I think it's important to set boundaries too eep my friends smart and only contacts through a fake fb account lol when she meets them on dating sites probably looks sus!

I met my dp after I broke up with my ex of 5 years through fb, then we found out we actually had about 20 mutual friends we hang around with lol! Turned out my ex was virtually cheating on me anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMum View Post
    Well at least you know you have one thing in common straight up :P
    Expensive way to meet people

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (23-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear your story, GBH!!

I'm not single with children but lots of my friends with kids meet people on Facebook, dating sites and out in public. As pp I think it's important to set boundaries too eep my friends smart and only contacts through a fake fb account lol when she meets them on dating sites probably looks sus!

I met my dp after I broke up with my ex of 5 years through fb, then we found out we actually had about 20 mutual friends we hang around with lol! Turned out my ex was virtually cheating on me anyway!
    Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you meet people on Facebook? Do you mean just randomly search names and send a friend request?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you meet people on Facebook? Do you mean just randomly search names and send a friend request?
    I met fob because he added me through a friend who added me through an ex lol
    Also met a really good friend by adding him through a friend (though turns out he was in one of my lectures at uni too)

Troll through your friends friend list and add anyone who's profile looks remotely interesting or even send them a message saying hi

Thanks
    Reviews
    It got us talking about how I would even find a new partner who would take on a single mum with 2 very young boys. I just can't fathom any guy wanting that commitment! Not that I'm ready yet anyway, being 28wks pregnant....
    I was single and not even looking when I found mine. See I figured who is going to want to date me with 4 kids that is a lot to take on so I was happily just living life, go to work come home put kids to bed then playing World of Warcraft chatting with friends on FB and BAM there he was lol we started chatting thru Vent (its kinda like Skype) while we played and thru facebook while he was at work and just fell in love would talk for hours and hours then decided to meet so I flew out to AU to stay for 3 months and see if we really got along as well as we did in the game. We are now married and have a baby together.

I think its when your not looking you find a great one. There is someone out there you'll stumble upon one day prob when you least expect it.

Thanks
    Reviews

My dp was just commenting something as a smart a$$ then I replied back lol. This was on my friends fb. He then added me. He said after he met me and we had been dating he 'stalked' me out hahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Where did you meet your new partner?

Just to be careful of the creepy's - if you exchange emails to message outside of the dating websites make sure you're either unsearchable or use an address not linked to your facebook.

ETA - oh and to answer - first time we met was at his work, don't discount everyday shopping events lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I was single and not even looking when I found mine. See I figured who is going to want to date me with 4 kids that is a lot to take on so I was happily just living life, go to work come home put kids to bed then playing World of Warcraft chatting with friends on FB and BAM there he was lol we started chatting thru Vent (its kinda like Skype) while we played and thru facebook while he was at work and just fell in love would talk for hours and hours then decided to meet so I flew out to AU to stay for 3 months and see if we really got along as well as we did in the game. We are now married and have a baby together.

I think its when your not looking you find a great one. There is someone out there you'll stumble upon one day prob when you least expect it.
    I really don't trust gamers
    How do you people trust online people? I can barely trust real life people D:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I really don't trust gamers
    How do you people trust online people? I can barely trust real life people D:
    Why dont you trust gamers? Well honestly we talked a lot. I would stay up way late sometimes until 4 or 5 am talking to him over Ventrillo and we discussed everything. Then when he went to work and I went to work we talked through Facebook so in the time we talked we knew a hell of a lot about each other. It was a risk flying over across the world to meet someone but glad I did it everyone thought I was crazy