+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See this is interesting. I actually get this feeling when DP tries to stimulate my n1pples. Such a feeling of sadness and melancholy. Its such a weird unnerving feeling. Especially when you are supposed to be DTD it really turns me off.

I dont get it while BF tho...dont know if its teh same thing (I am assuming not). I cant remember when it started happening but it got worse when I had my first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

Yep so good to know! This is the first I've heard about D-MER and after reading the article and a bit of extra googling its exactly how I feel sometimes without the extreme examples!

Thanks
    Reviews

For those dealing with this my ABA group leader just sent me this link, might offer some guidance...

http://www.d-mer.org/#2842

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    For those dealing with this my ABA group leader just sent me this link, might offer some guidance...

http://www.d-mer.org/#2842
    That's the first link I looked at when I figured out what was going on with me.

I'm really glad I posted about this. I feel a lot more normal and a lot less alone. None of my friends have ever had it or heard of it.

Thanks
    Reviews

I get this too! And have had the same experience, no one else I know has ever heard of it but I googled it and found it is a real thing. Every time I have letdown, I feel a wave of desolation, like there's no point to anything, and melancholy. Then I quickly realise its just the letdown and it will go in a minute and it does and I'm fine again, but it tricks me every time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

One of the reasons I kept mentioning it to doctors, nurses etc was because I'm sure a lot of people just think its PND when it's not!

It took me a while to realize that I only felt like that during letdown as letdowns are so frequent in the early days, and I felt 'depressed' all the time.

I thought I had PND until I started to understand my body a bit more. It upset me that none of the medical professionals seemed to care there was a difference

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    I get this too! And have had the same experience, no one else I know has ever heard of it but I googled it and found it is a real thing. Every time I have letdown, I feel a wave of desolation, like there's no point to anything, and melancholy. Then I quickly realise its just the letdown and it will go in a minute and it does and I'm fine again, but it tricks me every time!
    That is EXACTLY how it is for me. It's so strange.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    One of the reasons I kept mentioning it to doctors, nurses etc was because I'm sure a lot of people just think its PND when it's not!

It took me a while to realize that I only felt like that during letdown as letdowns are so frequent in the early days, and I felt 'depressed' all the time.

I thought I had PND until I started to understand my body a bit more. It upset me that none of the medical professionals seemed to care there was a difference
    I wonder if the drs can't be bothered researching in to it more. It's relatively new research so maybe that's got something to do with it.

I can totally understand why some women would think its PND as would some drs. But shouldn't they look into these things more!

I'm going to discuss it More with my dr at my next appointment. I think it should be common knowledge!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (13-01-2013)