+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Vic...Bubhubbing!
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked
    526
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See this is interesting. I actually get this feeling when DP tries to stimulate my n1pples. Such a feeling of sadness and melancholy. Its such a weird unnerving feeling. Especially when you are supposed to be DTD it really turns me off.

    I dont get it while BF tho...dont know if its teh same thing (I am assuming not). I cant remember when it started happening but it got worse when I had my first.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    190
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    Yep so good to know! This is the first I've heard about D-MER and after reading the article and a bit of extra googling its exactly how I feel sometimes without the extreme examples!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    1,970
    Thanked
    522
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    For those dealing with this my ABA group leader just sent me this link, might offer some guidance...

    http://www.d-mer.org/#2842

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    For those dealing with this my ABA group leader just sent me this link, might offer some guidance...

    http://www.d-mer.org/#2842
    That's the first link I looked at when I figured out what was going on with me.

    I'm really glad I posted about this. I feel a lot more normal and a lot less alone. None of my friends have ever had it or heard of it.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    I get this too! And have had the same experience, no one else I know has ever heard of it but I googled it and found it is a real thing. Every time I have letdown, I feel a wave of desolation, like there's no point to anything, and melancholy. Then I quickly realise its just the letdown and it will go in a minute and it does and I'm fine again, but it tricks me every time!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,122
    Thanks
    1,432
    Thanked
    1,375
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    One of the reasons I kept mentioning it to doctors, nurses etc was because I'm sure a lot of people just think its PND when it's not!

    It took me a while to realize that I only felt like that during letdown as letdowns are so frequent in the early days, and I felt 'depressed' all the time.

    I thought I had PND until I started to understand my body a bit more. It upset me that none of the medical professionals seemed to care there was a difference

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    I get this too! And have had the same experience, no one else I know has ever heard of it but I googled it and found it is a real thing. Every time I have letdown, I feel a wave of desolation, like there's no point to anything, and melancholy. Then I quickly realise its just the letdown and it will go in a minute and it does and I'm fine again, but it tricks me every time!
    That is EXACTLY how it is for me. It's so strange.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    182
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Impending sense of doom before or during letdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    One of the reasons I kept mentioning it to doctors, nurses etc was because I'm sure a lot of people just think its PND when it's not!

    It took me a while to realize that I only felt like that during letdown as letdowns are so frequent in the early days, and I felt 'depressed' all the time.

    I thought I had PND until I started to understand my body a bit more. It upset me that none of the medical professionals seemed to care there was a difference
    I wonder if the drs can't be bothered researching in to it more. It's relatively new research so maybe that's got something to do with it.

    I can totally understand why some women would think its PND as would some drs. But shouldn't they look into these things more!

    I'm going to discuss it More with my dr at my next appointment. I think it should be common knowledge!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

    SAgirl  (13-01-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Is labor impending??
    By spitthedummy in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 18:40
  2. Impending miscarriage? please help
    By kylieboo in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-02-2012, 12:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Be In Blossom
Keen to up the intensity of your exercise after having your baby but unsure how? New physio-led Bootcamp Workshops aim to bridge the gap between low and high intensity training, teaching ways to reduce pelvic floor load in gym and bootcamp settings.
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!