+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Weird food aversion: water

Is anyone else suffering from weird food/ beverage aversions? I cannot tolerate water at the moment at all. Which sucks because I am so so thirsty! No cordial, no fruit steeped in it, nothing. It makes me gag and want to throw up, but I am still trying to drink it- it's not easy!

Want to come and join me in my misery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I was like this earlier on in this pregnancy. Couldn't even stomach the thought of water. I did find that I could manage sparkling mineral water with a splash of cordial..think the fizziness tricked me into thinking it was soft drink. I also tried to suck on ice cubes.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I can't drink water, so I have a freezer full of mini ice cubes and just suck on them or diet ginger beer

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had this on and off, I found it much easier to have it icy cold with a straw, or freeze my water bottle and just have the little drips. Room temperature water feels really 'thick' to me right now for want of a better description, but I can tolerate it really cold. I also found tipping fresh apple juice into a frozen water bottle (not all the way full) was really nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have had periods of this, thankfully short lived. I sucked on ice, constantly. Also very, very cold I could tolerate or partially frozen (slushie like).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't stand water when pregnant - just makes me want to throw up. But I love soda water - must be the fizz.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah it's horrible isn't it I felt like it with DD a lot I've since found berocca helps me with MS heaps (the orange one) something about the magnesium and b vitamins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a weird aversion earlier this pregnancy - vegies! I am usually the type to salivate over a bowl of buttery broccoli, but the thought has made me gag since falling preg. Real shame because it's so good for me, but all this baby has wanted is protein (meat, meat, meat!).
    The water thing sounds really hard, especially in summer! Hope it passes soon for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was like this early on in my pregnancy!! For a few days I just constantly sucked ice cubes and ate lemonade ice blocks, as even sipping water felt so heavy in my stomach, i felt like a drop of water was going to make me throw up. Even throughout the pregnancy, I've had a real preference to slurpies and icey cold drinks.

And PP, I probably ate a total of 1 serving of veggies in the first 15 weeks of my pregnancy (not counting potato) as the thought of a bean or broccoli made me gag. I slowly introduced small amounts of corn and carrots and eventually was able to stomach greens again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I usually love water but since I fell pregnant it has to be icy cold or I start gagging. Veggies is another. Can not for the life of me stomach it. This baby girl loves her carbs!