Closed Thread
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    With melb IVF I had one egg followed by 4, both times the eggs were poor quality. I then had my 3rd stim with Lynn after 3 months of Chinese medicine and got 5, all went to blastocyst, one became my DS and 3 are frozen. I started IVF in November 2011, and was pregnant in April 2012. So even with a bad AMH and several other problems including sperm issues my IVF journey was relatively short lived compared to many. I'm certain often it's only down to having the right Dr and TCM my FSH was around 10, there is much written about TCM lowering FSH too.
    Thank you so much for the info Beta 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischiefb View Post
    Hi hummingbird and all you other wonderful ladies!

i know I have been real quiet since initially asking a few questions on dr lynn b. I've struggled thru my first cycle and tbh was on the verge of giving up but reading these blogs have given me the strength to carry on. I want to say THANK YOU TO YOU ALL for sharing those moments when I was not able too.

So on the flip side I am now confirmed 'up the duff' So delighted after the experience of injections, pessaries, scans, emotional ups and downs with the dh. I just want to pass on hopefully so comments of my experience with the Dr.

I found that that the appointments were short and some times rushed. Looking at our results she did not provide info on what she thought the best process was and why. More just telling us what we should do, I guess it's not a bad thing and gets to the point but we are still no wiser as to why we were to able to conceive naturally.

the receptionists were delightful and provided much of the information as opposed to the dr. I was confused with that, esp when prescribing meds etc I had to explain my health to them over and over again." Hi you do know I am hypothyroid...I am allergic to....I am taking 50 mg already do I increase it by another 50.. That was v.frustrating!

on a final note I would say she is good and did the magic for us, but I did ask non stop relentless question and I know I went over my allotted time. So ask questions, explanations and challenge her to get the best results. All stuff that you are doing anyway And Try not to stress.

If anyone has any recommendations for obstetricians and hospitals in Melbourne cbd?

thanks again
    Congratulations!!!
    I went with Guy Skinner who's rooms are in Victoria pde. He's renowned for being one of the best particularly if things become complicated but he's not cheap. You would be about 4-5k out of pocket. He's extremely safe, takes his job very seriously but if you're a simple case you might feel he's too expensive. The problem is you just don't know how things will go! Although I had a very simple pregnancy I would use him again.
    Good luck, and once again congrats to you and your DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Mischief!!! Lovely news.

I'm with Vicki Nott. Lynn recommended her. Her office is in st Vincent's consulting rooms and only delivers at st Vincent's private. She is super nice and comforting but expensive- more than Guy Skinner. She is very proactive with me this time as I am high risk. She is in charge of her consulting office with another 4 female OBs. They are cheaper and I've met a few the times Vicki was away and they are all lovely. Good luck with who you choose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Riss78 my nurse would be Krinn. Lynn told me that she is her PGD nurse. I have also started taking Chinese herbs from the doctor many in this thread have used. ....... to improve my egg quality. I am also taking melatonin. Hope something helps. It's going to be my fourth stimulated cycle, first with monash and Lynn though. Was reading about DHEA for egg quality. Just wondering Lynn didn't mention about it, who does she give it to.

Also had my genetic counselling. She told me they test embryos on day 5 and not day 3 like mivf. And then they send the samples to America for testing. Upto 8 embryos it is the same price (appox $ 4000) on top of ivf. So if we don't get enough day 5 embryos in the first cycle to test, we might want to do another stimulated cycle , club in the embryos from both cycles and send it to America for testing. It's just too much to wait to even to get a suitable embryo to transfer.. Just praying very hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be praying you get good numbers too Sue. Didn't realise how expensive Pgd was.
    So glad you are seeing Richard. The herbs will help. I was a little unsure at first but was willing to try anything. I noticed changes in a few weeks. I trust him completely. I even took the herbs till now and I am 13 weeks. All up it was 6 months of herbs.
    Not sure about dhea. I asked about it last cycle and she said it probably wouldn't make much difference with me as I was not struggling to make eggs. It's more for woman with low egg reserve and being pcos It was not suitable.

AFM- yesterday I had my cervical stitch put in. I was so nervous I cried while they were pushing me in the theatre but they were all so nice and reassuring there I soon stopped and was having a laugh before they knocked me out.

All went well but the cramping and bleeding after was not so nice. I was expecting that to happen but still not the best thing to feel or see when your pregnant. Thankfully it's slowed down now. So bub is officially on lockdown now till June! Going in today for a scan to see if all is good.
    Have a lovely day everyone! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering the same thing about DHEA Sue. I might ask about it as my ovarian reserve is really low so want to try anything that will help!

Ive just tad a frustrating experience with getting blood results from a test I had Friday. I've missed 2 periods and so on Friday I called to see if that was normal after a cancelled cycle and got told to go for an urgent blood test and to call Monday for results. I called yesterday and the receptionist checked results and told me the test showed I'd ovulated so I will get a period. She asked how late I was and I said I hadn't had a period since October but I got nothing more than being told that and if Lynn was concerned she would call. I think they forget sometimes they we are don't have the same level of knowledge and need some more information and a bit if reassurance!

Found it really frustrating as I'm feeling quite stressed about the disappearance of AF (which I know doesn't help!). Anyway there isn't much I can do so fingers crossed AF shows up soon as I really want to get my FSH tested again to see if its still high so I can work on getting it down so I can cycle again.
    Oh the joys! When we want AF to show she doesn't and when we don't want her to show she does... Bah!

Riss - hope the pain has eased today and you are feeling better for Xmas Glad bub's is locked in!
    Thanks to all you lovely ladies for your support these last few months - wishing you all a fabulous Xmas ⛄️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss78 thanks for the info about DHEA. Just wondering if the herbs u got from Richard.........Did u have to boil and strain them like me or did u have premade herbs or tablets. This is going to be my fourth stimulated cycle.. Willing to try anything... I wish u all the best for ur pregnancy. Success stories like u give so much hope.. I hope People like Richard and Lynn get me across the line

kelly77 I know AF doesn't come when you want ... It's not a bad idea asking about dhea. Anything that helps. Do u plan to start in Jan or February.. Good luck..

Wishing a Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone. May all of us who cycle this year get across the line )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss what an awful experience, hope all is ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, scan was fine and bub was moving around. Have to be monitored weekly now.

Sue- I had the raw herbs I had to boil up. I bought the electric cooker to save me from watching the pot boil. the taste takes a little bit to get used to. You will notice he will change the herbs slightly depending on where you are in your cycle. Best of luck with your fourth stim. This was my fourth stim too and the best one!
    Merry Christmas to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Riss great you are going so well at this stage ...

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.