Closed Thread
Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone , MY UPDATE ......... My laproscopy, hysteroscopy dye screening and D and C was with Lynn last week. She found out that my left tube was totally blocked and right was only partially open. I know that ivf surpasses it but still mivf never bothered to test it and we we're put in the unexplained category with egg quLity issues. There was no point endlessly trying naturally and getting frustrated. Earlier in 2006 when I was going through the public system , I only did the dye test and that came as normal. Can tubes get blocked over a period of time ? Any reasons?

Anyways lynn called me today to discuss my protocol. She is going to put me on 150 Gonal f and 150 menopur . She said menopur improves the egg quality. Plus she also suggested that we do pgd testing as I have had 2miscarriages with proven chromosomal abnormalities. Plus two recent pgd cycles this year which produced 3 embryos which were all chromosomally abnormal. So it would be a good idea to check the embryos before putting them in. And at Monash they do a day5 testing which does not damage the embryo. I am also having melatonin for egg quality. Hopefully we start in February. Fingers crossed we find one good embryo with this different protocol . I am very nervous as this is my fourth stimulated cycle. And now we need to meet the nurses. So do we see Lynn just once before starting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    I don't think anything is safe to take for sleep during pregnancy. I have been having trouble sleeping, it's just one of those lovely pregnancy things. If there is evidence to say no to melatonin during pregnancy I wouldn't take items and be careful in case you fall pregnant naturally. It's used in ivf to improve egg quality so there is no point taking it once your eggs are taken out so that's why Lynn says to stop.

Edit- Just wanted to add the theory behind melatonin working for egg quality. A good night's sleep releases the hormones we need to have a healthy cycle. If sleep is poor then it can affect a woman's cycle as your hormones are not being produced enough. Chinese medicine believe in this greatly. A good sleep is important for fertility. During my tww I mentioned my inability to fall asleep straight away and he stuck these herb ball things on certain points on my ear to help my sleep. It worked surprisingly.
    Thanks riss. Damn I wish it was safe for pregnancy! Interesting theory about why its used! I wonder why they dont use other sleeping pills or restavit? Would be interested to know why melatonin is chosen but if it works then I guess it doesnt matter lol. I think I read it can have anantioxidant affect too.

Does anyone in this thread know much about MTHFR? is it one of the things lynn tests for or treats?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Hummingbird, shes tested me for it and I have the more common variant of it, hetero for cc6t or something... shes never discussed it with me. In fact from all the tests Ive had done from the 13 so vials of blood back in May, the only thing she's confirmed I've had was coeliac and factor v lieden... which is great, yet my test results indicate elevated NK cells and the above mentioned MTHFR - shes got me on an immune protocol to cover these and never discussed them with me nor told me I have these issues. The only reason I found out was I needed a copy of my results for my donor cycle. Maybe my results are mild or something, but still I would like to be made aware of them.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by emski72; 18-12-2013 at 06:47.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue- glad you have gotten some answers and now out of the unexplained category. Now you have your protocol set you won't see Lynn and deal with your nurse. Who do you have? I had charlotte and she is lovely.
    Glad she put you on melatonin and menopur. I think they really helped with my egg quality and hopefully you get lots of good pgd embryos.

Hummingbird- melatonin is the natural chemical that our brain releases when we sleep or get sleepy so it's the most natural and best thing to take.
    Sorry I don't know about mther? Is it an auto immune issue?? I have elevated nk cells from a biopsy of my uterus , just had to take steroids and clexane to combat that. Have you seen Lynn yet?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Wow flemo! That's very strange?? I would probably get another test just to check.

Beta - your story gives me hope - I'm 36 and my amh is 1.4 so its good to know I still may have a chance. Can I ask how many eggs were retrieved each cycle and what your fsh was? I'm still waiting to get my period after my canceled cycle so I can get my fsh tested again (it was 15.6 last time) but its 3 weeks late with no sign of arriving anytime soon
    With melb IVF I had one egg followed by 4, both times the eggs were poor quality. I then had my 3rd stim with Lynn after 3 months of Chinese medicine and got 5, all went to blastocyst, one became my DS and 3 are frozen. I started IVF in November 2011, and was pregnant in April 2012. So even with a bad AMH and several other problems including sperm issues my IVF journey was relatively short lived compared to many. I'm certain often it's only down to having the right Dr and TCM my FSH was around 10, there is much written about TCM lowering FSH too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks alot for the mthfr info gurls.

Riss I havent seen lynn yet! I think mthfr is a blood clotting thing im really not sure. My naturopath asked me to get tested and it came back that I have a1298c homozygous and dh is a1298c heterozygous. No idea what it really means but apparently 1/3 of the population have it so not sure how its related to fertility. The variant I have is the less severe one though so hoping it doesnt put me at higher risk for any issues!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Sue- glad you have gotten some answers and now out of the unexplained category. Now you have your protocol set you won't see Lynn and deal with your nurse. Who do you have? I had charlotte and she is lovely.
    Glad she put you on melatonin and menopur. I think they really helped with my egg quality and hopefully you get lots of good pgd embryos.

Hummingbird- melatonin is the natural chemical that our brain releases when we sleep or get sleepy so it's the most natural and best thing to take.
    Sorry I don't know about mther? Is it an auto immune issue?? I have elevated nk cells from a biopsy of my uterus , just had to take steroids and clexane to combat that. Have you seen Lynn yet?
    That makes sense about the melatonin. The safer the better! Do u also know if lynn recommends to stay on coq10 when your pregnant? Or is that the same as melatonin that u stop it once ur pregnant? Is it safe for pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking coq10 the whole time and I'm 12 weeks. I will stop now. Hope u get some answers about the mthfr. It might just be a simple treatment for it if it's an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The naturopath has given me a stronger more absorbed version of folic acid, vitamin b12 & b6 so thats a relief! Apparently all it means is that I could have the potential not to absorb as much of the 3 above vitamins so I have to take a stronger version. Luckily I have the less severe mutation as she said the other variation can have alot more risks involved as is more serious.

But now im wondering if there is such a thing as taking too much folate lol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hummingbird and all you other wonderful ladies!

i know I have been real quiet since initially asking a few questions on dr lynn b. I've struggled thru my first cycle and tbh was on the verge of giving up but reading these blogs have given me the strength to carry on. I want to say THANK YOU TO YOU ALL for sharing those moments when I was not able too.

So on the flip side I am now confirmed 'up the duff' So delighted after the experience of injections, pessaries, scans, emotional ups and downs with the dh. I just want to pass on hopefully so comments of my experience with the Dr.

I found that that the appointments were short and some times rushed. Looking at our results she did not provide info on what she thought the best process was and why. More just telling us what we should do, I guess it's not a bad thing and gets to the point but we are still no wiser as to why we were to able to conceive naturally.

the receptionists were delightful and provided much of the information as opposed to the dr. I was confused with that, esp when prescribing meds etc I had to explain my health to them over and over again." Hi you do know I am hypothyroid...I am allergic to....I am taking 50 mg already do I increase it by another 50.. That was v.frustrating!

on a final note I would say she is good and did the magic for us, but I did ask non stop relentless question and I know I went over my allotted time. So ask questions, explanations and challenge her to get the best results. All stuff that you are doing anyway And Try not to stress.

If anyone has any recommendations for obstetricians and hospitals in Melbourne cbd?

thanks again