Closed Thread
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again ladies not sure if anyone can help. I had my amh tested originally on the 30/1/11 it ws 11.8 which is a little low for my age (34) i again had it tested on the 1/11/13 it is now 26.2. Im just wondering how it is possible for it to improve that much. I would think if anything as i get older it would get worse. When i had the blood test on the 1/11/13 i had just done a stimulated cycle with a failed egg retrieval on the 14/10. Would this effect my result? So confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flemo View Post
    Hi again ladies not sure if anyone can help. I had my amh tested originally on the 30/1/11 it ws 11.8 which is a little low for my age (34) i again had it tested on the 1/11/13 it is now 26.2. Im just wondering how it is possible for it to improve that much. I would think if anything as i get older it would get worse. When i had the blood test on the 1/11/13 i had just done a stimulated cycle with a failed egg retrieval on the 14/10. Would this effect my result? So confused
    That is very confusing. Was it the same lab who did each test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The most recent was epworth path and the last was Melbourne path. Do you think my last cycle could have effected this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not sure sorry flemo I havent done ivf so not too sure how the cycles work. I thought maybe different labs could affect it. Hopefully some of the other gitls might know if the cycle can affect it.

What did ur dr say about it? Either way its great its gone up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flemo there was a recent article in the age saying AMH testing is inaccurate. Sounds like yours certainly was. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If I recall rightly 10 is minimum, and from my reading loads of women have less than optimal levels. Mine was 2.7 at 36, bub is now 11 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow flemo! That's very strange?? I would probably get another test just to check.

Beta - your story gives me hope - I'm 36 and my amh is 1.4 so its good to know I still may have a chance. Can I ask how many eggs were retrieved each cycle and what your fsh was? I'm still waiting to get my period after my canceled cycle so I can get my fsh tested again (it was 15.6 last time) but its 3 weeks late with no sign of arriving anytime soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi im just wondering about the 4mg of melatonin lynn puts some of u on...has she told any of u that its safe to take when you are pregnant? Ive read conflicting info with some sites saying its fine and others saying not to as it can mess with ur hormone levels and the babys development? Does anyone have anymore info on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hummingbird,
    You don't take it when your pregnant. You only take it till you have egg pick up. Plus Lynn will only put u on it when you have had issues with egg quality. I wouldn't take it unless prescribed by her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Hi hummingbird,
    You don't take it when your pregnant. You only take it till you have egg pick up. Plus Lynn will only put u on it when you have had issues with egg quality. I wouldn't take it unless prescribed by her.
    Thanks alot riss. I got some from the gp to help me sleep and was hoping it would be safe during pregnancy as well. Does anyone know anything to help with sleep that is safe during pregnancy? Does lynn say melatonin is not safe for pregnancy or does she just tell u not to keep taking it as shes prescribing it to help eggs and not for sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think anything is safe to take for sleep during pregnancy. I have been having trouble sleeping, it's just one of those lovely pregnancy things. If there is evidence to say no to melatonin during pregnancy I wouldn't take items and be careful in case you fall pregnant naturally. It's used in ivf to improve egg quality so there is no point taking it once your eggs are taken out so that's why Lynn says to stop.

Edit- Just wanted to add the theory behind melatonin working for egg quality. A good night's sleep releases the hormones we need to have a healthy cycle. If sleep is poor then it can affect a woman's cycle as your hormones are not being produced enough. Chinese medicine believe in this greatly. A good sleep is important for fertility. During my tww I mentioned my inability to fall asleep straight away and he stuck these herb ball things on certain points on my ear to help my sleep. It worked surprisingly.
    Last edited by Riss78; 16-12-2013 at 09:49.