Closed Thread
Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski72. I have not been in here for a while because I've been super busy. Reading through the posts, I have realised what an awful emotional roller coaster you've been through recently...you poor thing . I am so sorry for your loss and hope you're getting lots of support. I wish you all the very best with your recovery and your next chapter in beautiful Cape Town...it's a wonderful place that will make the journey easier (let me know if you want info on places to visit when the time comes around). Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Riss and Panda - I'll stick with Lynn then as I do like her (don't like not being able to get an appointment quickly though!) Once I have an idea of my treatment dates I might book a couple of appointments with NL for a few weeks after my return as you need a follow up intripalid infusion if you get up the duff. I guess I will then have to officially move from Lynn but would be managed by my GP anyway at that stage I think as it's not really part of Monash doing an DE cycle overseas... Getting ahead of myself here but I like to keep positive!

Thanks Brokenheart and Flemo for thinking of me. I'm ok now - soldiering on! I am getting the tissue tested so we get some answers as to 'why' although I'm pretty convinced it's my old crusty eggs that were the issue.

Redflower - she has me on 1000 iui of Vit E... she didn't even mention vitamins for hubby, but he just takes a multi and and extra zinc supplement - we don't have any sperm issues though.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Riss 78 thanks a lot for the quick reply. I love this thread as everybody is so helpful and there are so many people who understand your feelings . I hope we see results with Lynn. Did Lena 78 end up up having twins with Lynn as I read that she had a double transfer.

Emski I am sorry for what happened but glad that you are moving on and preparing for the next options . Good luck for everything and all the best.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies not sure if anyone can help but I'm due to have a hysterscopy d&c on the 17th which will be day 20 for me. I'm just wondering when I would get my next period? I have had this procedure done before a few times however it was a day before my period was due so I basically got it again 32 days later when I normally would. Just curious if I would still get it as I normally would which would be about 12 days later I would I count day 1 from the 17th. I know they only scrape some of the lining but wasn't sure how it worked. Just trying to work out when I would be starting ivf in jan which is the plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I had a bit of spotting for a day and af about 14 days later but my cycles are long...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Im just wondering about the dose of melatonin lynn puts u on. Are u on 4mg per night and if so did u have to get it from a compounding pharmacy?

Or r u just on the standard 2mg per night that u can get at any pharmacy? OR do you take two 2mg tablets per night to make it equal to 4mg?

What dose does lynn recommend?

Hope all that makes sense!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Flemo,

When I had mine done I was approximately day 20, and it brought my period forward to approx day 25 (normally 32 days). It was scary at first as post op bleeding was just starting to taper off when I got it so I was concerned something had gone wrong!! My FS said sometimes it can 'shock' your system into bringing on a period if it's close to the end of cycle. I had quite a large op too (endo everywhere).

Good luck, wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get started!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Hummingbird - Lynn had me on 4mg which you can only get at a compounding pharmacy - Slades underneath the Epworth do it, so does Orrong Rd pharmacy (they are a bit cheaper too). I don't think the chemist stocks it at all as far as I knew? The one they have on their shelves is homeopathic so basically the essence of melatonin (not worth it).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi girls - I'm back from my scan today and it has been an absolute rollercoaster of events and emotions ...
    Scanned first in the Lynns office and as Riss said her machines aren't the strongest or best quality, but as I am 7 weeks and 4 days today I thought there should have been a lot more to see than last week, but unfortunately there wasn't, no heartbeat and very little to growth from last weeks scan so she advised us that we had miscarried.

We discussed my options with natural miscarriage or D&C and I opted for a D&C and thankfully she could fit me in tomorrow so I wouldn't be waiting all week. She told me to go get another ultrasound downstairs to be sure there was no hope at all and sent me on my way.

We get to the second ultrasound and the tech says she'll do a full exam first, then go back over everything with us and talk us through what she sees, so she does all her measurements and then says actually guys, thats a heart beat...and we were just stunned.
    The baby is measuring 5 weeks and 5 days not 7 weeks and 4 days and heart rate of 74.

I'm really not sure what to feel - I'm so happy there was a heart beat but the measuring behind two weeks thing is not looking great in my opinion. Lynn is going to give me a call later today to follow up on the new turn of events, but for now, I'm still pregnant. Back for another scan on Monday next week so another week of waiting.
    I was somewhat hopeful over the weekend because my symptoms seem to return.
    Holy ****... What a day... My jaw literally hit the ground! I'm so sorry, I hope your next scan shows more positive results! Maybe more bloods could help identify too? What did Lynn have to say? X

PS: her machines are crappy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Marttc - that was an older post (about two weeks ago) we ended up having a miscarriage about 10 days ago. Feeling ok now though ... moving on to donor eggs. x