Closed Thread
Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah it sux Beta. Being on this thread has really opened my eyes to things. So many of us have been taken for a ride and after last year I had enough. I was emotionally and mentally exhausted. I took leave from work this year as it was too much to handle on top of ivf stress. I have definitely become more proactive about my health and have done so much research on ways to improve my chances. Sometimes you have to be your own doctor.
    Another thing that baffles me about MIVF is that they do embryo transfers blind- no ultrasound. I always questioned whether it was going into the right spot. When I heard Lynn speak at the monash ivf seminar she spoke of the importance of doing an ultrasound guided transfer. The embryo needs to be in the right spot in the middle of the uterus. If they do it blind how do they know? They might put it too high or too low and it will fail to implant. Your uterus might be a strange shape and that can affect the chances. I just didn't understand why MIVF couldn't just whack in an ultrasound machine. It's not like they are lacking funds. At least now I got to see bubs being inserted and took a sneaky pic of the screen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Beta and Riss 78 I completely understand what you guys mean. I come from a similar category. MIVF had us do 2 PGD cycles without giving us any satisfactory answers . As we were from the unexplained category we were told it could be egg quality and that we can keep on trying more PGD cycles and hopefully we will get the right embryo. It hurts when you put in so much trust in your doctor. And Beta thanks for messaging me the Chinese doctors details.

Williteverhappen wee see Lynn next Thursday . Don't know what will she plan for us. I think we would be cycling in Jan/ Feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just wondering if anyone could help me I saw lynn on mon for another opinion & she had me do some blood tests I was wondering how I go about getting those results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    She will send anything of concern in the mail to you eg when my thyroid was out she send me a letter and a script for thyroxin. Otherwise either call or get them the next time you see her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister was with MIVF, she firmly believes during one transfer the dr dropped the embryo. She said something happened, it took way longer than usual, the dr went all quiet then started going on in a high voice about how well the transfer had gone. At the very least u/s guided is confirmation the procedure is complete!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta that is the most shocking thing I have heard. Did she ever find out if that happened for sure? did your sis move clinics after that? I can't believe it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzyg For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something else to be mindful of, my obstetrician questioned me about my mental health toward the end of my pregnancy, at the time I was a bit insulted because I felt so incredibly lucky to be having a baby I couldn't imagine getting post natal depression.. And I didn't.. I still thank my lucky stars every day when I look at my son, but I have since learnt mothers who go through IVF are at a much higher risk, basically because you suffer so much loss and grief through IVF that when you finally get your baby you fear losing them. Particularly so for those who have had mc. Just something to keep in mind I guess. All these bad healthcare experiences can't help matters!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow beta that is a horrible thing to happen to your sis. Lucky she moved.

Doesn't surprise me that that link is made between ivf girls and pnd. Hopefully it doesn't happen. I know just driving past MIVF gives me heart palpitation because of bad memories. After losing bub in June I felt sick thinking about going to St vincent again but I pushed myself to go inside and I went up to the labour ward. I feel better about it now but I know I have to work on my anxiety. It's hard not to worry. Wish I had a memory zapper like in men in black to get rid of the past.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks beta - can you please send me the details of the Chinese dr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Firstly, thanks to everyone on this thread sharing their experiences. I haven't read through everything yet as it's such a long post (I read most of it a few months ago and I can't remember everything)!

Can I ask a question of those who transferred to Lynn from MIVF what the process was? When I called her office, they said I should request my history be sent from MIVF and Lynn would review it, then they would call me if she felt she could offer me something more. I kind of felt a little dismissed by this, not sure if it was just a busy day, or if this is their normal process.

How did you all go about getting that second opinion, did you get your history then approach her, or just book an appointment? Is there anything in particular I need to request with my history? We are not aware of anything other than DH's low morphology, but I just don't feel like I'm getting the full service I should be from my current clinic, hence seeking a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!