Closed Thread
Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for the 27th you must be very eager to see Lynn after the long wait

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flemo For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looking forward to jan I'm on melatonin too anything to help me sleep is a bonus I'm a shocking sleeper. I do wish they had more of a knock out effect ha ha do find though that I'm in a deeper sleep than usual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Flemo- sorry that you have had a bad experience. The same happened to me. Only got 4 eggs from 16 follicles when I normally get heaps. Lynn checked if the trigger worked (which it did) so it was something else. It sux to stim for so long to get crap results. I hope this next cycle works for you. We are so glad we moved from melbivf. My fs was a tool ( he worked out if epping at times) might be the same one. Lynn will do everything she can. I was only on melatonin for a month and noticed a huge difference plus I think chinese herbs worked to. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can vouch for the chinese medicine too. My cycles shortened and my periods were not heavy, they were pain free and no pms. It helped my body recover quicker after my m/c and I didn't want to waste that time not doing anything to better my body. Once I saw the change in my body I knew they were doing something right. Then we had amazing results this cycle that I can put down to the herbs and Lynn's formula.
    After ttc for over 5 years with repeated failed cycles in ivf I knew I had to try everything. I tried fertility naturopaths and homeopaths but they were only part of the puzzle. I even had Mayan fertility massage which I think was helpful in someways. Chinese medicine was the only avenue I hadn't tried and I'm glad I did and that's a big thanks to beta for recommending him.
    Last edited by Riss78; 19-11-2013 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flemo.. Thanks I am seeing her on the 28th... Don't know what she plans.. May be I will cycle in Jan/February ..with u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone... Is anyone else also experiencing the mixing up of posts ? I mean sometimes I see some posts after a few days and also I can't see all posts.. Eg it's saying .. Showing 820 out of 850 posts and that is the last page

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss was definitely the same doctor. Why did you end up moving clinics? What were the changes you noticed taking the melatonin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Warning- long vent ahead.

I was sick of him not listening to my concerns and telling me to 'relax and it will happen' . I'm not a pushy person at all and I never questioned doctors because I believed that they knew best but Sorry, but we don't have the money or time to waste to just roll the dice and see. After my 4th failed cycle I went to see him. I was upset and wanted to see what we could do to change things. He told me very rudely he was the doctor and didn't want to be questioned. I was upset that since we started he had not ordered one bloodtest or did a hysteroscopy to check me out. My egg reserve was never checked, my hormone levels. Nothing!! I thought those tests would be standard. I asked about nk cells and he shot me down. We should have moved right then and there but we did a frozen cycle and fell pregnant but had a mmc. After that we used the last of our embryos and bfn so we decided a change was needed.

When we went to see Lynn she was shocked about all the money we had already spent and ordered so many tests. She actually couldn't fathom that my husband's condition was never investigated further.
    First thing she told me to start was metformin because of pcos. She couldn't believe I wasn't on it as it helps egg quality. Then my thyroid was out of whack slightly. Within normal range for average person but high for someone who wants to be pregnant. So now I'm on thyroxin. Plus I had elevated nk cells .
    I get angry thinking about the 2 1/2 years we wasted with MIVF. My SIL was a patient of his also but never did ivf. She thinks that maybe he used to get us mixed up because in her appointments he would mention things we were doing. She got all the blood testing done. Go figure!!

Sorry about the rant.

I meant everything we did including melatonin helped egg quality and our results this cycle. We would get lots of embryos but hardly any survived thawing or grow to strong day 3s or day 5 at MIVF and the ones that did were never true blastocysts (not that MIVF would ever tell you the quality grading).

This cycle we tried to better my quality of eggs so on top of chinese herbs Lynn put me on melatonin, I stimmed with gonal f but this time I also injected a small amount of menopur which can improve quality. I used a different trigger which was pregnyl. I took prednisolone from day 1 and clexane from before transfer. I was also taking heaps of supplements I had researched that improve fertility- maca root, coq10, zinc, vit d, vit e, krill oil, elevit. I cut caffeine, gluten, chocolate, dairy, sugar, processed foods from my diet.
    The results were 14 eggs (less than MIVF but quality over quantity) 9 fertilized, 6 embryos made it to day 5 blasts and I have one on board.

The results speak for themselves - even Lynn was very impressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Now I'm thinking she may have said that as she initially said I could start stimming this week. But now it's going to be jan so I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks for the info beta - I don't have much cervical mucous at all so maybe I need herbs!
    Do you know if herbs can help bring down fsh too? That's what I really need!
    Most definitely the herbs would work for high FSH, I recall there being many anecdotal instances of that when I did my research

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss- reading your post, I feel for you and others who put trust in doctors and end up giving them so much time. I'm in the medical field and employ doctors and have always been very sceptical of doctors when it comes to my own health. I had one FS tell me I looked fine! From across the desk! No tests, I was 36, just "expose" yourself more he said. I quickly ditched that dr, the next one failed to make much sense either so I ditched her but not until I wasted two cycles, one with her colleague when she was on leave who was hoooooopeless. I shudder to think where I would be if I just let them do failed cycle after failed cycle. If I had of got pregnant I would have mc anyway because they never provided post transfer support. It's sad this happens., it really shouldn't.