Closed Thread
Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyg View Post
    Hi girls,
    I have my first appointment with lynn tomorrow for a 4th opinion!! I am still with my current monash dr I just want fresh eyes looking at my past history.Will lynn run the appt looking at my past history & giving suggestions on what I should do next & ask questions on the way or will it be all upto me?
    I get good egg numbers but my egg quality isn't very good I'm having my 6th stim cycle in dec my current doc is putting me on menopur 250, melotonin, omnitrope growth hormone, orgalutran & pregnyl to trigger. Does anyone else have this problem? What questions should I be asking lynn?
    And consider seeing the Chinese medicine guru many have used in this thread, one step is getting embryos, then getting them to,stick, then keeping the pregnancy. I personally think the two types of medicine go well together ie Lynn and Chinese medicine. Good on you for getting many opinions. I wouldn't have a little one here with me now if I had of stuck with the previous drs. Just an empty pocket!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi beta - is DHEA for egg quality? Can I also ask if you took Chinese herbs as Lynn told me not to take any and said the naturopathic herbs I was on I had to stop taking...

Emski - what a day you've had! Talk about an emotional roller coaster you poor thing. Fingers crossed that it continues to hold. Sending positive vibes your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Em, sorry to hear about the scan. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Beta ... Can you please give me the details of the Chinese medicine guru .. You guys have used .. I would also love to try.. )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski really praying hard for you and sending you positive vibes..and hopefully all should be good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue I'll pm you the details

My sister and I both took herbs with Lynn, she was fine with it except for after transfer. The herbs helped me immensely with the meds I had no side effects at all were as previously I had very obvious symptoms. I did take the herbs until the end of first trimester and you all might think its a bit daring but when you see and feel the positive changes in your body and can trust your Chinese practitioner it's different I guess. I will definitely do the herbs again for the next IVF round coming up soon. One example (sorry tmi) with cervical mucous I had none until I commenced Chinese medicine! The symptoms of ovulating were never there for me previously. I do think that's pretty remarkable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - I'm hoping and praying that this becomes one of those memorable stories that you can tell your baby about when he/she is all grown up. A heartbeat is a very good sign as is any pregnancy symptoms you are feeling. Stay positive and strong xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now I'm thinking she may have said that as she initially said I could start stimming this week. But now it's going to be jan so I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks for the info beta - I don't have much cervical mucous at all so maybe I need herbs!
    Do you know if herbs can help bring down fsh too? That's what I really need!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski all the best for Monday will be thinking of you! Cannot imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first cycle I did I had 20 plus follicles and only 13 retrieved so there can be some empty ones. This usually only happens if the follicles aren't mature enough. What trigger did you use when you only had 1 egg? They never admitted to anything I found out via Lynn. I was going over with her what I had previously done when suddenly she had a shocked look on her face. We had already been told by mivf that we were getting our money back before we saw her. We had to send a complaint letter. We sent a two page letter and put in everything including how I was told I had ovulated early to then my own doctor saying that was bul***** were his exact words and that I hadn't ovulated but the trigger didn't work. Lynn explained because of the down regulation cycle I had been on that the trigger I used wouldn't work at all. We were devastated I had been on 450iu Gonal f and stimmed for 14 days so you can imagine how I felt. I had 25 follicles at my last scan and that was 4 days prior to the egg retrieval so I imagine there would have been more. It was all for nothing. Was in tears at the hospital. I had a male spec also works out of Epping