Closed Thread
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kelly 77 I am glad to know that your appt with Lynn went well.. I have it next week .. I am hoping she is able to make some plan for me after such a long history....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    I have my first appointment with lynn tomorrow for a 4th opinion!! I am still with my current monash dr I just want fresh eyes looking at my past history.Will lynn run the appt looking at my past history & giving suggestions on what I should do next & ask questions on the way or will it be all upto me?
    I get good egg numbers but my egg quality isn't very good I'm having my 6th stim cycle in dec my current doc is putting me on menopur 250, melotonin, omnitrope growth hormone, orgalutran & pregnyl to trigger. Does anyone else have this problem? What questions should I be asking lynn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly - like Riss and Em have said, its just the one tablet of melatonin about 30 mins before bed and then by the morning it has worn off. I haven't struggled with staying awake during the day so, assuming you aren't taking any during the day, if you are really tired I wonder if you may be low in iron or B12 or if it is something else? Would be great to be cycle buddies! I'm not sure when I will start, AF hasn't shown up since the D&C 5 weeks ago!

JB - yes it is really happening! Of course it would be hard to believe though given the journey you have had to go through but try to just relax and enjoy it. We must have had a similar cycle performance at MIVF, I also used to produce reasonable egg numbers but had poor fertilisation rates. I always had day 2 transfers and rarely anything left to freeze. The 4 that we did manage to freeze (over 3 separate stim cycles) only ever resulted in a single transfer because the others didn't survive the thaw. When Lynn said she would go for a 5 day blasty I was a bit sceptical given my history with MIVF so I wonder if I will also be a day 3 transfer when I do my first cycle with Lynn.

Lizzy - I hope your appointment with Lynn goes well tomorrow. Just take with you as much information as you can to give to Lynn, even if it is original documents. They will scan them and post them back to you. Because IVF is not an exact science, a lot of it is trial and error so its good to be able to show Lynn what you have already tried. In terms of questions, I didn't find that I had many I just sort of turned up and said this is my history I'm getting nowhere and need some help and she said ok we will try this and this and this which will do this and this. The questions tend to occur after you leave the appointment as she talks reasonably quickly. Its not so fast that you don't understand and everything she says makes sense I just found I had information overload and forgot the names of all the different drugs. Take a pen and try to write down the different medications and the reason why she is suggesting them, you can always google them when you get home. I'm sure she will come up with a great plan for you, look at all the ladies posting who have recently had their BFPs!! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes only I'm only having 1 tablet before bed. I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon so thinking it was the cold that was making me so tired.

Emski - 3 a day would certainly knock you out !

Lizzy - I took all my results in and told her what I'd tried and then she told me what she recommended. I agree that she does talk fast and after I left and had time to process all the information I had some questions so I called back and left a message with the receptionist. They called me back the next day after they had spoken to Lynn so don't feel like you have to remember to ask everything when you're there. Definitely agree to write things down too.
    Good luck!

And good luck to you too sue, am sure Lynn will come up with something different for you to try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Williteverhappen - I'm 16 weeks along now and told family & friends about 3 weeks ago That was a great weekend doing all the rounds

I had a 3 day transfer too ladies. I think mainly cause I only had 1 good embryo out of my 8 eggs and they say there is a better chance transferred at 3 days instead a 5.. I don't know really, but it worked

All the best with your appointments.. Lyn does talk fast so definitely try and write things down as you'll be overwhelmed and like me forget almost everything! I don't know about everyone else but everytime I saw her I left feeling so much better and positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski- good luck with your scan today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Emski- good luck with your scan today.
    I 2nd that xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi girls - I'm back from my scan today and it has been an absolute rollercoaster of events and emotions ...
    Scanned first in the Lynns office and as Riss said her machines aren't the strongest or best quality, but as I am 7 weeks and 4 days today I thought there should have been a lot more to see than last week, but unfortunately there wasn't, no heartbeat and very little to growth from last weeks scan so she advised us that we had miscarried.

We discussed my options with natural miscarriage or D&C and I opted for a D&C and thankfully she could fit me in tomorrow so I wouldn't be waiting all week. She told me to go get another ultrasound downstairs to be sure there was no hope at all and sent me on my way.

We get to the second ultrasound and the tech says she'll do a full exam first, then go back over everything with us and talk us through what she sees, so she does all her measurements and then says actually guys, thats a heart beat...and we were just stunned.
    The baby is measuring 5 weeks and 5 days not 7 weeks and 4 days and heart rate of 74.

I'm really not sure what to feel - I'm so happy there was a heart beat but the measuring behind two weeks thing is not looking great in my opinion. Lynn is going to give me a call later today to follow up on the new turn of events, but for now, I'm still pregnant. Back for another scan on Monday next week so another week of waiting.
    I was somewhat hopeful over the weekend because my symptoms seem to return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh Emski, praying for you guys that the emby holds, I really feel for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyg View Post
    Hi girls,
    I have my first appointment with lynn tomorrow for a 4th opinion!! I am still with my current monash dr I just want fresh eyes looking at my past history.Will lynn run the appt looking at my past history & giving suggestions on what I should do next & ask questions on the way or will it be all upto me?
    I get good egg numbers but my egg quality isn't very good I'm having my 6th stim cycle in dec my current doc is putting me on menopur 250, melotonin, omnitrope growth hormone, orgalutran & pregnyl to trigger. Does anyone else have this problem? What questions should I be asking lynn?
    Ask about DHEA.