Closed Thread
Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guyz... I just wanted to know that has anyone who has cycled with MIVF ever felt that they are trying to actively promote PGD CGH and pushing you to do it. We felt like this.. And even after doing it and spending so much money on the testing.. We were just told in one line over the phone .. That all three embryos tested abnormal.... All with random abnormalities... She says that it's like digging gold in your case.. The right egg is in there.. It's just a matter of taking it out... But she tried nothing extra...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jb2011 & juniper74. Just replied to ur pm jb2011

So coq10, vitamin e and Melatonin are the main supplements she recommends? Is coq10 & melatonin for egg quality?? And vitamin e to help uterine lining? Does she recommend everyone take these or only depending on ur own results? Our issues are MFI (low morphology) so not sure if I should take anything or not as I dont have any major issues. We saw a fertility naturopath who put my dh on a whole heap of supps but I wasn't happy with the naturopath so not sure if he should still take them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hummingbird- my DH has azoospermia, that is why we started ivf. I had no issues to start and didn't take anything apart from elevit for the first two stims because I didn't think it would be so hard to fall pregnant. HAH!! We got lots of quantity not quality. Wasted almost three years of our ivf lives and didn't get anywhere till I started getting my eggs in the best shape. I suggest to start taking the supplements. Both egg and sperm need to be in tiptop shape for good embryos. That is the key. Doesn't hurt you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue- pgd was the next step that my old fs at melb ivf suggested for our next stim. Not to do any testing on me for repeated implantation failure but to spend money on pgd. I don't know about it. Apparently melbivf do pgd on day 3 embryos and I have heard Lynn say that doing it early can damage the embryo. Monash does it at day 5. A girl on this thread (Lena78) had a pgd cycle at melb ivf last year and was told all 6 embryos were abnormal. She moved to Lynn and first cycle got pregnant with twins!! I'm not sold on pgd only if there is already a genetic disorder they need to screen for.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (14-11-2013),williteverhappen  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Hi guyz... I just wanted to know that has anyone who has cycled with MIVF ever felt that they are trying to actively promote PGD CGH and pushing you to do it. We felt like this.. And even after doing it and spending so much money on the testing.. We were just told in one line over the phone .. That all three embryos tested abnormal.... All with random abnormalities... She says that it's like digging gold in your case.. The right egg is in there.. It's just a matter of taking it out... But she tried nothing extra...
    Hi Sue I was with MIVF. They suggested PGD to me at one stage but then ended up advising me against it as we didn't produce enough embryos each cycle to get any value out of it due to unreliable findings. Basically because the sample size would be too small. He gave the example that it is possible that I only produce 2 normal embryos out of 20. But if I only had 5 to test then chances are all 5 would be abnormal and I wouldn't know that I do produce a few normal ones. I traditionally only had about 2-3 embryos per cycle and we always transferred both because out of 7 fresh cycles we only got 4 frosties and only 1 of those ever survived the thaw.Hope that makes sense!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    Thanks jb2011 & juniper74. Just replied to ur pm jb2011

So coq10, vitamin e and Melatonin are the main supplements she recommends? Is coq10 & melatonin for egg quality?? And vitamin e to help uterine lining? Does she recommend everyone take these or only depending on ur own results? Our issues are MFI (low morphology) so not sure if I should take anything or not as I dont have any major issues. We saw a fertility naturopath who put my dh on a whole heap of supps but I wasn't happy with the naturopath so not sure if he should still take them!
    Lynn put me on melatonin after my first consultation with her which happened to be the very first day after a 2 day transfer with MIVF. I ended up falling pregnant that cycle but had an early miscarriage. Lynn also put me on Vit E and Royal Jelly. I was already on COQ10 and DHEA with MIVF which I continue to take as per Lynn's advice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes.
    Yes Riss, we were in there when you were, I think we went in just before you - we were the dour looking couple against the window! I'm glad to hear everything went really well for you!

It's been such a stressful and horrible weekend for us both. I fully expected to get in there and have surgery scheduled or a shot given to miscarry. But Lynn was like 'congratulations!' and I'm thinking - what have we got to celebrate?
    We did a scan and thankfully it's not ectopic which is brilliant news and one less hurdle to overcome. The scan showed a sac and yolk and she said 'that may be a flicker of heartbeat I can see, but it could just be your heartbeat... we'll do another scan in a week and see if it has progressed.' She said when betas do what mine have done (only rising 1000 in 7 days) the outcome is probably not going to be good but 'you never know'. So I'm back to limbo land for another 7 days but thankfully of that awful beta roller coaster. I also found it interesting that she told me I was 6 weeks and 4 days today - whereas the nurse said I was 6 weeks and 4 days last Friday - I'm not sure how far along I am at all!

Anyway - once again thank you all for your support.
    Em x
    There are so many stories of people that went on to have healthy babies in your situation Em and there is no reason why you can't be one of them. Stay strong for a nice strong heart beat next week xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

emski72  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi juniper74

egg freeze costs around $7800 with MIVF plus hospital costs. If you're eligible for Medicare rebate its around $2800.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New

Hi ladies I have been reading this thread for a few weeks now. Have to say I love
    reading all of these posts makes me feel really positive. I'm 34 dh turning 34 Friday we have been ttc for almost 4 yrs. just changed over from mivf. Saw Lynn a few wks back and booked in for a hysterscopy on the 17/12. We are in the unexplained category. The reason we are changing over Is due to mivf big stuff up. I did 1 Iui 2 yrs ago and 3 failed transfers last yr with 13 eggs retrieved. after my last failed transfer I fell pregnant that month naturally. This was my first pregnancy, saw the heartbeat at 7 wks 3 days later it was gone. Missed miscarriage. Had d&c in December. Started back on the ivf journey in August another down regulation cycle this time doing pgd. Was on a high dose of 450iu and had 25 plus follicles on my last scan. Went in for the egg retrieval on the 14/10 only to be told there were no eggs . My fs was not there for the collection however we were later told the trigger didn't work. I have since found out the trigger I used would not work on a down reg cycle. This was not revealed by mivf. We since have received our money back. I don't feel like the pgd was pushed on to us however I do now believe we would have been waisting our time with this. My fs at mivf was not really open to trying other things beforehand. I love that Lynne is so open to going outside the norm and I feel so confident she will get us our miracle baby. Love reading all your stories. Will be starting antagonist cycle in jan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss78 ... I read Lena78 story as u said .. Gives me so much hope..hope your pregnancy is going well..