Closed Thread
Page 77 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh emski I'm so sorry to hear that... Could it be anything else? Can HCG just plateau?

I still don't quite understand how when we go through IVF that ectopic pregnancies can happen... Haven't we skipped that journey down the tubes?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You would think so, but I guess they drift before they implant

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks so much or the replies :-)

jb2011 - I guess I always hoped I would find mr right and have a baby but my back up plan was always to get a sperm donor if that didn't happen. As I'm 36 I decided I should get checked out so I had some idea of what my timeline was but I it such an awful shock when my amh was so low. Then when I saw my FS she said i had the option of an eggs freeze or go the while way with donor sperm. At that point I still really didn't know what any if this meant so I decided if I could get some eggs to freeze then I had time for mr right to come along. Then when my cycle was cancelled this week I was completely devastated and had to change my plan! So I've decided to to ahead now with donor sperm and hope that Lynn can help me! I don't have a lot of money so realistically I can only give it 2 or 3 goes so I'm praying for a miracle. If I'd known what I know about high fsh I wouldn't have gone ahead with this cycle but never mind... At least I know what doesn't work!
    Even though I'm feeling more positive that I have a plan I still can't stop crying... Nothing could have prepared me for the devastation of finding out the treatment dent work.

The good thing at monash is they have no wait time for donor sperm whereas at MIVF it's 6-8 weeks. Plus MIVF charge $1800 just to go on the waiting list but at monash there is no fee! So that's a huge help.

I read some of the articles on Lynn's website and its very encouraging. She definitely seems to know her stuff! Lucky for me I made the appointment 2 months ago and even though I was at MIVF I didn't cancel it as I wanted to keep my options open. Boy I'm glad I did as I go see her this Thursday so not long to wait.

Oh and 17 cycles is insane!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can not recommend Lynn enough. We did 14 cycles prior to seeing her both through Monash and mivf and recurrent mc. My 15 cycle, first cycle with Lynn I gave birth to my first son, two years later after my second cycle with Lynn I gave birth to another son. I have just done my 17th cycle (3rd with Lynn) and am expecting again 12 months after my son was born. She is an amazing fs I just wish more were open to outside of the box as she is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kelly sorry to be blunt but you need to pick a donor and start cycling now. My eggs dropped off at. 35 and I had your Amh at 36 and we had to use an egg donor. Please get going with donor sperm before its too late.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly I just want to wish you all the best. I saw Lynn in March and am now 15 weeks pregnant I too had a low AMH of 4.5 and we were blessed our 1st cycle in August worked. Lynn is amazing and you are in the best hands. She thinks outside the box and doesn't give up. So glad you made that appointment with her when you did. I too was devastated when the nurse called with my AMH results. Lynn called me on the following Sunday afternoon (in her own time) to reassure me not to stress about the results. She said she would prefer if we didn't know the numbers as it's just an indication for her to know what protocol to take. She really is a blessing! Consider doing acupuncture as I found it so relaxing and it calmed my nerves which was exactly what I needed.. Sending baby dust your way xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Looks like its a possible ectopic pregnancy for me, numbers had stalled significantly on todays beta. Have a scan first thing Mon with Lynn.
    Hi Em, I'm so sorry to hear that things are looking a little shakey. I have been told before though that as a pregnancy progresses the BETA numbers are less important AND less reliable in indicating how viable a pregnancy is so please don't lose heart yet. Good luck for Monday and try to stay positive - or at least do something that distracts you. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc, what do you mean missed ovulation "thanks to nurse"? What happened and who was your nurse?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    On the reccomendation of my friend I have decided to change clinics and am seeing dr Lynn Burmeister on the end of Nov. What do you think, can she come up with some new ideas/approach for me.. Thanks
    Hi Sue I've only seen Lynn for a couple of consultations myself after being with MIVF for the last 2 years. I haven't yet done a cycle with her but she has written up the protocol for me to start in January. You asked about new ideas and approaches. If I was to describe the protocol she has written for me in January I would call it "IVF/ICSI with the lot and super sized". There are multiple drugs in the mix that I have never tried and I did down reg, flare and antagonist with MIVF so I had thought I tried quite a bit already. I think there is a VERY good chance that she will come up with a completely fresh approach for you. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smooch – wow how inspirational is your story!
    Kelly
    – I too find this forum really encouraging. I’m glad we have both found it, good luck on Thursday.
    JB
    – I’m guessing you’re in your 2ww? When is your BETA? I have everything crossed for you!!
    Em
    – as per my previous post, I’m thinking of you and hope you’re doing ok. I’m so glad you got in for your scan so quickly....hang in there, hopefully the numbers mean nothing.
    JJTiger
    – congrats on your BFP! Yours is another really encouraging story :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to williteverhappen For This Useful Post:

emski72  (09-11-2013)