Closed Thread
Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Something I like about Lynn is that you can call her & leave a message for her to return your call... I find you get to have a good chat with her after hours when things are not so crazy! She's called me at 8pm to discuss my cycle or BFN... And to suggest new things!
    That's good to know Marttc. I've only had 2 appointments with Lynn but she seems lovely. Just in case you misunderstood my previous message, I was referring to the nurse that I have been assigned. We unfortunately had gotten off to a bad start at a really difficult time. But we have had a little more contact over the last few days and I think we will be ok. I'm going to meet her in a few weeks to go over the cycle Lynn has put me on for January (I have to wait because of the recent m/c). There are lots of new meds in addition to the stims so I want to get my head around it in advance and know what to expect and think about how I'm going to juggle it in case I need to take refridgerated meds to work in the middle of summer etc. How long have you been with Lynn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by williteverhappen View Post
    That's good to know Marttc. I've only had 2 appointments with Lynn but she seems lovely. Just in case you misunderstood my previous message, I was referring to the nurse that I have been assigned. We unfortunately had gotten off to a bad start at a really difficult time. But we have had a little more contact over the last few days and I think we will be ok. I'm going to meet her in a few weeks to go over the cycle Lynn has put me on for January (I have to wait because of the recent m/c). There are lots of new meds in addition to the stims so I want to get my head around it in advance and know what to expect and think about how I'm going to juggle it in case I need to take refridgerated meds to work in the middle of summer etc. How long have you been with Lynn?
    Oh, yeah didn't realise you were talking abut your nurse lol
    If you have to have refrigerated drugs you can take an insulated lunch bag with an ice block in there?

I've been with Lynn since June 2012, started investigating then & started IVF in Jan this year, had a cancelled cycle & went again in Feb, BFN then missed ovulation the following month (thanks to nurse) BFP following month 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wonderful ladies .. Have been following this thread from a over 2 months now.. Must say that that have got immense support and hope after reading some of the success stories

My story.... me and dh both 36. Dh fine .. Me borderline pcos .. We were mainly in the unexplained category. 1st IVF 2009 gonalf 112.5 22eggs...5 embryos..BFP on first attemptbut miscarriage in week 16 (trisomy 21). Was with MIVF. Other 4 frozen on day 2. Don't understand why they transfer and freeze on day 2. Then another BFP from those 4 frozen in 2011 but again miscarriage in week 10 due to aneuploidy . 2 other stimulated cycles in 2013 with pgd as suggested by my FS. Made only 3 embryos out of 14 eggs in both cycles collective. Unfortunately all 3 turned out chromosomaly abnormal. my doctor has absolutely given me no answers and is not willing to try anything new and is saying could be egg quality.. ( my egg reserve is fine). My dosage, I believed was very low in the last 2 cycles. Puregon125 and 175 which got 6 and 8 eggs.

On the reccomendation of my friend I have decided to change clinics and am seeing dr Lynn Burmeister on the end of Nov. What do you think, can she come up with some new ideas/approach for me.. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot of forums of late but this my first time posting!
    My story: I'm single, 36 and recently discovered I have a very low AMH (1.4) and have since started down the path of freezing eggs.
    However, I'm shattered as my first cycle was cancelled today as only 2 follicles developed (cd13). My FSH is quite high - 15.6 - so cycle nearly didn't go ahead but FS decided to give it a go. My mum went through menopause at 42 and it appears I'm following in her footsteps.
    Im with dr Toledo at MIVF however I also have a referral to see Lynn Burmeister and am considering going to see her for another opinion as I've heard she's amazing.
    I did a flare cycle with synarel and 300 iu of puregon which was upped to 400 iu on day 8.

Id love to year any other success stories of others with low amh/high fsh as I'm feeling pretty down right now wondering if I have much chance of success am now considering a sperm donor and just going all the way on the next cycle as im scared I won't get many quality eggs to freeze and have heard embryos freeze better than eggs. So much to think about!
    Last edited by Kellyk77; 06-11-2013 at 17:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Hi wonderful ladies .. Have been following this thread from a over 2 months now.. Must say that that have got immense support and hope after reading some of the success stories

My story.... me and dh both 36. Dh fine .. Me borderline pcos .. We were mainly in the unexplained category. 1st IVF 2009 gonalf 112.5 22eggs...5 embryos..BFP on first attemptbut miscarriage in week 16 (trisomy 21). Was with MIVF. Other 4 frozen on day 2. Don't understand why they transfer and freeze on day 2. Then another BFP from those 4 frozen in 2011 but again miscarriage in week 10 due to aneuploidy . 2 other stimulated cycles in 2013 with pgd as suggested by my FS. Made only 3 embryos out of 14 eggs in both cycles collective. Unfortunately all 3 turned out chromosomaly abnormal. my doctor has absolutely given me no answers and is not willing to try anything new and is saying could be egg quality.. ( my egg reserve is fine). My dosage, I believed was very low in the last 2 cycles. Puregon125 and 175 which got 6 and 8 eggs.

On the reccomendation of my friend I have decided to change clinics and am seeing dr Lynn Burmeister on the end of Nov. What do you think, can she come up with some new ideas/approach for me.. Thanks
    Hi Sue,
    I just wanted to say I too was with MIVF to begin with & after miscarriage & more BPN, I kept asking to try different things but my Dr wasn't prepared to. He blamed it all on DH & said there was nothing wrong with me! I did my research & found Lynn Burmiester... Straight up she didn't believe it was purely DH as the reason we couldn't get pregnant. She sent me for a lap & found mild endo & pcos, I then had a cancelled cycle with Lynn (she cancelled due to knowing my body could do better) she was right, the next cycle was much better, with each cycle or transfer we tried something new... And my second transfer with Lynn has resulted in my current pregnancy (31w)
    I hope you have the same results 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot of forums of late but this my first time posting!
    My story: I'm single, 36 and recently discovered I have a very low AMH (1.4) and have since started down the path of freezing eggs.
    However, I'm shattered as my first cycle was cancelled today as only 2 follicles developed (cd13). My FSH is quite high - 15.6 - so cycle nearly didn't go ahead but FS decided to give it a go. My mum went through menopause at 42 and it appears I'm following in her footsteps.
    Im with dr Toledo at MIVF however I also have a referral to see Lynn Burmeister and am considering going to see her for another opinion as I've heard she's amazing.
    I did a flare cycle with synarel and 300 iu of puregon which was upped to 400 iu on day 8.

Id love to year any other success stories of others with low amh/high fsh as I'm feeling pretty down right now wondering if I have much chance of success am now considering a sperm donor and just going all the way on the next cycle as im scared I won't get many quality eggs to freeze and have heard embryos freeze better than eggs. So much to think about!
    Hi Kellyk,
    See my post to Sue, I wasn't happy at MIVF, moved to Lynn & was a great choice! I however do not have experience in what you are asking but good luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly I would highly recommend Lynn, especially given your circumstances, Have you read some of the articles on her website? She has done some amazing things ie: removed ovarian tissue before chemo then placed it back in and the woman started ovulating again and fell pregnant, she reshaped a womans uterus so that it could hold the baby and she fell pregnant. I am not sure if it is Lynn or not but somewhere they have reversed menopause after placing ovarian tissue back in. So there is a lot that can be done and hopefully Lynn will be the answer you're looking for.

If you don't mind be asking where you hoping to freeze eggs and wait for a man in your life then TTC? How do you feel about using donor sperm? If you did use donor would you do a full IVF cycle and go ahead with an embryo transfer? Sorry for all the questions!

Sue I would say the same for you, Lynn will come up with a whole new approach and cycle for you. I have heard some terrible things about MIVF. A friend of a friend did iVF through MIVF 17 TIMES and BFN then 1st cycle with monash BFP! Sometimes a change and fresh eyes on your history is all it takes. Good luck & keep us posted.
    Last edited by Jb2011; 07-11-2013 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks for the quick replies ladies:))

Hi MARTTC and Jb 2011 thanks for the reassurance and the detailed reply. It really means a lot. It's a very difficult time as so much has been happening in life and you guyz are such a nice support group where we can discuss so much. I will definitely keep you posted as to how my appointment goes with Lynn. I am seeing her on the 28th this month. MIVF has really mucked us up big time .. Anyways hopefully we get results with Lynn. Seeing positive stories here gives so much hope) ...and many congratulations for your pregnancy MARTTC...
    Last edited by Sue77; 07-11-2013 at 23:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jb2011 .... 17 cycles !!! OMG MUST HAVE BEEN SO STRESSFULL FOR Your friend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Looks like its a possible ectopic pregnancy for me, numbers had stalled significantly on todays beta. Have a scan first thing Mon with Lynn.