levels up to 347!!! Oh my God I'm in shock!
levels up to 347!!! Oh my God I'm in shock!
Oh Seahorse I am so sorry to hear about your m/c. It sounds like Lynn is tweaking everything to get you the best result next time so hopefully that does the trick. I'm having a couple of months off after a D/C 2 weeks ago so we may be cycling together in January :-) That will be my first cycle with Lynn but my 9th overall.
Emski - woohoo! Super congratulations on your BFP!! That is brilliant news, so happy for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your progress so keep us posted about your scans and hitting all those important milestones.
Riss - so I assume you are now 6 weeks along? Good luck with your blood test on Wednesday. Fingers crossed your BETA is climbing and everything is going OK.
Lisa - I'm so glad your appt with Lynn went well. Sounds like she has a solid plan for you. Was the medication to prepare your uterus prednisolone or clexane by any chance?
I'll let you lovely ladies know how I get on with Lynn tomorrow. Take care!
I have just booked in an appointment with lynn at the end of November hopefully this transfer works & I don't need to see her! I've had a total of 5 stim cycles & 9 transfers all together all negative not even a chemical preg or anything & still we have no answers we are in the unexplained category. I get really good egg numbers at epu but have low fert rate despite icsi, icsi ha & calcium activation. DH sperm all good so I'm putting it down to egg quality. Just wish we had some answers.
High five emski!!
Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.
Seahorse1- I have just pm'd you.
Em- awesome news!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyy!!!! Go emby go!!! Xx do you have to have another blood test now? X
Williteverhappen- I'm 5 weeks as of today. thanks I'm hoping for over 1600. X
Martcc- hi stranger!! I was just thinking about you the other day. I hope all is progressing well. When are you due? X
Lizzy- sorry to hear you have been on a long journey too. I hope lynn has some tricks up her sleeve to help. This cycle we tried melatonin and menopur as well as gonal f to improve egg quality. I think it helped immensely. Hope you get the answers you need. X
Just wondering how you find lynn? Do you feel like at times she is too busy & treats you as part of a production line? Any info you could give on your experiences with her would be great.
I know what you mean, she does move very quickly and she is busy. I was warned about that before I went so I knew what to expect from her and went with it. However I know she is thinking about what is the best formula to use. She wants you pregnant- full stop and doesn't muck around. I always ask heaps of questions and she happily answers them. She has always been lovely to me, calling me back when I have left a msg even when it was at 10pm and she was very kind after I fell ill after my last egg pick up and ended up in hospital. She is busy and she moves very quickly but I think that's how she works
Hope that helps x
Thanks Riss! I'm just trying to decide what to do. Bit of background- I was with CFC prior to monash I had 4 epu the first 2 were with 1 doc & we got no explanations as to why we were having probs we moved to another doc at CFC& had 2 more EPU to get enough blastocyst to do cgh genetic testing. They sent away 6 blasto for testing 3 came back with no result (didn't get enough DNA to test) 2 abnormal & 1 normal. We went on to transfer the normal but neg result. We decided to transfer 2 of the ones that we weren't able to get a result from its like they were never tested that was neg. we still had 1 blasto frozen & decided to move to monash to luk rombauts. We were going to do a natural cycle with our last frozen emby but on the day they told us it didn't survive the thaw. We have just had our 5th stim cycle but luk didn't change too much it was the same protocol of gonal f & orgalutran the only diff is I was put on melotonin & we did icsi ha & calcium activation. This cycle was prob out worst yet. We had 15 collected 8 mature & only 3 fertilised. We transferred a day 3 (bt fri) the other 1 made it to day 5 blast & frozen & the other wasn't able to be frozen. If this doesn't work I don't know what to do I'm really at my whits end & we have been to 3 doctors & nobody can tell us why this is happening. Arghhhh!
Oh wow so sorry lizzy to hear you have been through the ringer with no real answers. Have you ever had a hysteroscopy and biopsy of your lining? Do you have elevated nk cells? This can stop implantation. Lynn will want you to do one before your cycle with her. Having that procedure and d&c can actually help implantation.
Sorry to hear about the genetic testing. If we stayed at melbivf our doc would have made us do that next and I don't think that actually helps and is a waste of money. I have heard that Lynn said that if they do pgd on day 3 embryos they can actually damage them and should be done at day 5.
I really hope you get some answers with Lynn. Stay hopeful as there is lots out there that she can try. X
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!