Closed Thread
Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Riss, welcome to the thread! I'm so sorry you've gone through so much! I really don't have the answer why some of us have to endure so much. I find it harder and harder to pick up from each cycle. I only now feel I'm back to being myself after a failed one in December... I really hope this year will be ours and that we will finally get that illusive BFP with a baby at the end. I've downloaded a few of the books Beta suggested and will email you. I've done a lot of reading and research over the years and tried quite a few different treatments. I'm quite passionate about IVF and would be more than happy to share what I've learned so far in hope that I can save someone going through yet another cycle.

When are you planning cycling again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss, I can't PM you, can you try and PM me? I think you need 10 posts or something to receive private emails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lena,
    I feel exactly the same after each cycle. I am planning on starting end of next month when AF arrives. I was hoping to start this month but after a hysteroscopy and D & C a week ago it brought it on a little early. But what's another month ay!
    I still have to meet my new nurse at Monash and discuss my protocol. I am excited about trying something new. Just hope the results gets me over the line. I have tried every new and different treatment there is: naturopathy, homeopathy, acupuncture, fengshui, chinese medicine, healing, meditation hehe the list goes on. If you could email me that stuff it would be great. I have no idea how to PM someone this is all new for me. If you can tell me where to go I will try.
    Thanks heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think I need to make 10 posts. This will make my third post!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, I've also tried fengshui (had a lady come to my house), TCM, meditation, relaxation, holidaying, changed the job, cut out alcohol, coffee, processed food.... Reading other posts I didn't think there could be anyone out there going through the same thing as me. Even for the LTWW doing 6 cycles seems a bit much, but we'll get there, hang in there.

I've taken a 3 month break,(that's how long the eggs meant to mature) to compose myself back, doing TCM, some exercise and completely cut out coffee and alcohol. I am yet to see whether it will have any impact on IVF outcome.

I gather you're same age as me, which means that our age is definitely on our side. My opinion is that as long as you produce eggs and the partner has swimmers, have the uterus and lining ok, this thing has to work with a help of someone that know their stuff.

I really do hope Lynn will be our light at the end of the tunnel. I plan to cycle late March/early April as well pending when AF show up.

I was told to rest for minimum 2 month after hysteroscopy, that is if there was anything cut out. I think you've made a good decision to give it another month.
    A few more posts from your side, then we can send PMs...
    Last edited by lena78; 31-01-2013 at 12:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha well here comes post number 4.

They say age is on our side but I feel like I am getting olddddd!!! I have gotten to the point where I don't like celebrating them anymore. It's just another reminder that another year of TTC has come and gone and I am not a mother yet! Booooo to birthdays! hehe
    Thats funny you did the feng shui too. I had the lady come to my house last week so I am going to be implementing all the stuff she said to do...she cost a fortune, so I should do what she says otherwise it's a big fat waste of money! I have actually taken long service leave from work this year. After the MC last year and all the appointments, work was just adding to my stress levels.

For this month before I start I am going to try and cut wheat, caffeine and lose a few more kilos its hard with PCOS and now I have an under-active thyroid! Arghhhh Oh well...it is all for a good cause and when we have our babies, all this stuff will all be forgotten.

I'm sorry I am not up with all the abbreviations but what is TCM??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please

Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Hi Guys, I thought I would pop in and say hi. I have been a long time stalker of these forums but have never had the courage to write anything until I came across this thread and read your first post lena78. Gee I felt like I was reading about myself. Seems like you and I are definitely in the same boat.
    I too was at MIVF for 2.5 wasted years. 6 cycles, 1 BFP then miscarriage at 10 weeks with no answers. So a few months ago we made the decision to change. Change FS and clinic and now we are at Monash with Lynn. From what I can see so far, she is very thorough and very knowledgeable. In the last 2 months she has done ever test and procedure under the sun and now I have some answers eg NK cells, slightly abnormal thyroid function, possible coeliacs. These things were never done at MIVF (we are doing IVF due to MFI, so they didn't even think that MAYBE they should test me too!!) My old FS was just happy for us to throw more and more money into cycles without trying anything new unless I pushed. When I asked him why IVF wasn't working and asked about getting testing done he said I was being silly, I was fine and that I was just too stressed to let anything happen. I should have left then and there but did one more with him before we woke up!
    So enough with the ranting- I wish you all the best with Lynn and if you want to have a chat or debrief about it all- I am all ears. Looks like we may be cycling together. Lets hope 2013 is the year our babies make their way back to us.

Beta- Thanks for all the great advice- will be doing some reading I think.
    Same experience here Riss... I've moved from MIVF after DH being blamed for our fertility, had a m/c too... Lynn checked me out, turns out I have endo & pcos too!
    Who were you with at Melbourne? I'm so glad to be out of there!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please

Martcc- sorry to hear you had the same experiences.
    First we started with one FS who retired without letting us know until I wanted to do my second cycle, then we moved to dr Elzeiny he was v good for my husband's MFI but that's all. What about u? Who were u with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Haha well here comes post number 4.

They say age is on our side but I feel like I am getting olddddd!!! I have gotten to the point where I don't like celebrating them anymore. It's just another reminder that another year of TTC has come and gone and I am not a mother yet! Booooo to birthdays! hehe
    Thats funny you did the feng shui too. I had the lady come to my house last week so I am going to be implementing all the stuff she said to do...she cost a fortune, so I should do what she says otherwise it's a big fat waste of money! I have actually taken long service leave from work this year. After the MC last year and all the appointments, work was just adding to my stress levels.

For this month before I start I am going to try and cut wheat, caffeine and lose a few more kilos its hard with PCOS and now I have an under-active thyroid! Arghhhh Oh well...it is all for a good cause and when we have our babies, all this stuff will all be forgotten.

I'm sorry I am not up with all the abbreviations but what is TCM??

Hi Riss,

I didn't know what to expect from feng shui and actually didn't mind it. Probably cause I liked the lady that came to my house. She charged me $300, spent just about all day with me and we chatted about everything and anything. I spent quite a few $$$ shopping for items she suggested. I was surprised to see all these feng shui items in the Chinese shops, which I never new before what they were for other than looking pretty for some. I still have her notes on the walls I did get pregnant after her visit but later miscarried), which was quite interesting. Guess I'll never know whether it had anything to do with it or it was just a coincidence.

Hmmm, I agree about Birthdays, they are getting harder to get excited about with each year we are still TCC. I've never had a deadline for when I wanted to have a baby, but have also never thought that at 34 I would still TCC, battling infertility. I've always wanted to be a reasonable young mum and I truly hope, Lynn will do her magic and make that dream come true.

I've sent you a PM

TCM stands for traditional chines medicine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Martcc,

How are you doing? Has your cycle started yet?

I went to Monash this week, got a registration form and booked a counseling appointment. I was surprised to see how quiet their rooms (in Hawthorn) were compared to MIVF. Seeing that, MIVF indeed looks like a production line.