Closed Thread
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Riss,
    That was my concern that she would only do clexane and prednisolone. I just hope when I see her she may prescribe something else as emotionally I just don't think I can make an other appointment with another doctor. I've always used clexane and the last few cycles I've used prednisolone 10mg from first day of meds and 20mg from transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lisa

Wow that's a lot of cycles! How many full stim cycles have you done? I've got polycystic ovaries, high nk cells, mild endo, poor swimmers... I did 6 stim cycles at mivf, 3 were pgd. I got normal embryos with two cycles, got pregnant once and miscarried. Monash biopsies embryos on day 5, Lynn deems that mivf procedure damages them.... Also its not enough that they are normal, they need to be viable ad well. With regard to prednisone, she'll have you on it from cd1 till nearly 12 weeks. Mivf has you on it for only 5 days. She will order every test under the sun to see if you have any other issues. I've been tested at Mivf for recurrent miscarriages and implantation failure, I think they took 9 vials of blood. I thought they've covered it all. Surprise surprise Lynn ordered loads more, another 14 vials worth...there's definitely hope, don't give up

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lena78 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
    Hi Lisa

Wow that's a lot of cycles! How many full stim cycles have you done? I've got polycystic ovaries, high nk cells, mild endo, poor swimmers... I did 6 stim cycles at mivf, 3 were pgd. I got normal embryos with two cycles, got pregnant once and miscarried. Monash biopsies embryos on day 5, Lynn deems that mivf procedure damages them.... Also its not enough that they are normal, they need to be viable ad well. With regard to prednisone, she'll have you on it from cd1 till nearly 12 weeks. Mivf has you on it for only 5 days. She will order every test under the sun to see if you have any other issues. I've been tested at Mivf for recurrent miscarriages and implantation failure, I think they took 9 vials of blood. I thought they've covered it all. Surprise surprise Lynn ordered loads more, another 14 vials worth...there's definitely hope, don't give up

Hi Lena,
    I've had 23 EPUs and I think from memory Ive had a couple of cycles when I didn't have a transfer so I think 21 transfers. Only two of my cycles were with MIVF for PGD and both times had one normal to transfer which were of good quality but didn't implant. Apart from one cycle I always have 5 day transfers. MIVF didn't do any tests for me as I just went there to do PGD from the advice of my FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lisa read Simpson desert ttc diary. She just got her bfp and very similar situation to you.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum.
    I too have been diagnosis with elevated nk cells which Lynn picked up this year. My last FS at Melbourne ivf didn't bother testing me for anything like that and I went through many cycles that didn't work.
    The standard protocol for nk cells is prednisolone and clexane and it worked the first cycle I tried it. However there is debate about whether it truly does make a difference but I'd like to think it did. I do know of another monash doc called dr nick logatis who does the Colorado protocol for nk cells. There is a thread on bubhub about tha protocol if you want to look it up. It's a pretty full on process which involves I.v drugs and such. I don't think lynn does that but this nick guy is known to help woman who have had poor response to normal cycles and high nk cells.
    Hope that helps. Also there is a doc in syd who specializes in it too and he does phone consultations and works with your clinic at home. Can't remember his name but it was on a thread called High natural killer cells.

Good luck
    Hi Riss, (or anyone else that can help!)

I don't think Lynn has tested me for NK cells (is this the same as ANA or is it part of the same "family" condition?) I am currently on CD11 of a down reg cycle so still have about 5 weeks until I'd be going in for EPU ( this time) I want to get tested for these things before I go through another cycle as I want to eliminate it as a possibility of why it's not working or if I have it then at least I can be treated for it.

When in the cycle can they test for it? What is the name of the BT? Do I organise it with my IVF nurse or directly with Lynn's offices? I am seeing my nurse on Friday for a scan before starting synarel and then in Lynn's offices for an endometrial biopsy on Tuesday next week so will be going in and can hopefully organise it. Hope you don't mind and any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb, just ask her to put you on steroids, as if you have elevated nk cells. That's all it is I think you might too late for a proper diagnosis for the upcoming treatment. She would need to do a biopsy on certain days of cycle and send it off for analysis...

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy of my lining to test for nk cells. I'm not sure about ANAs sorry. It was only after she did this that I knew and I think they test it in the later part of your cycle. Maybe speak to lynn about it as I know where you are coming from. I am just on steroid for it and then clexane just before transfer.

I'm in CD7 at the moment and I'm feeling things happening down in ovary town. Hopefully lots of follicles at the scan on Wednesday.FX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    JB I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy of my lining to test for nk cells. I'm not sure about ANAs sorry. It was only after she did this that I knew and I think they test it in the later part of your cycle. Maybe speak to lynn about it as I know where you are coming from. I am just on steroid for it and then clexane just before transfer.

I'm in CD7 at the moment and I'm feeling things happening down in ovary town. Hopefully lots of follicles at the scan on Wednesday.FX
    Thank you Riss, I am booked in for the biopsy next Tuesday. Did you have the biopsy & hysteroscopy at the same time?? or different procedures?

ANA is anti nuclear antibodies... I don't know much about it but can affect pregnancy in a similar way as it's an immune issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB I had it done at the same time. Good luck with next Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, I have an appt with my nurse on Friday to get meds etc to start my first IVF cycle.

However there are some family issues transpiring which could mean that we can't start the IVF bcos I may have to travel. Problem is I won't know for certain until late Thursday nite. Will it be an issue if I have to call early Friday morning (appt is at 10.30), to tell my nurse that we have to postpone??? I don't want to call earlier incase things change & we can go ahead. But do they order meds in especially for ur appointment?? Will I be in trouble for saying we need to postpone???

Am in such a flap over this but it just can't be helped at this point.