Closed Thread
Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow that's great to hear. She is pretty damn good.
    I don't know if anyone else has felt this but the last two/three nights I haven't been able to sleep straight away like I'm in limbo land and the melatonin is trying to make me sleep but my mind wants to sing songs! It's crazy, maybe the prednisolone is causing it. I even do meditation/relaxation before going to bed and it doesn't help. Grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any trouble with sleeping Riss, but I do think maybe the melatonin might be giving me headaches when I wake up. I'm not someone who generally has headaches, but I've been getting them the last couple of weeks. I'm a bit forgetful about taking them, and I'm pretty sure that I'm only getting these headaches the day after I DO take them. The headaches arent very strong mind you, so im not stopping the melatonin. they either disappear on their own or i take some panadol. I also think it is causing an itchiness & pimples across the back of my neck and shoulders! Bugger! Feel like a teenager again! Hope it's having the same effects on my eggs

But again it's not so bad that I'm prepared to stop them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss you are right about prednisone, It can cause shocking insomnia. When u stop taking it you should also decrease really slowly, perhaps even more slowly than the nursing staff suggest as the insomnia can get worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks beta, i will remember that this time. I took it for 13 weeks last pregnancy and weaned off very slowly.
    But I saw Richard yesterday and he stuck these herbal seed things all over my ear to help with insomnia and last night I went to bed very quickly. Hopefully it stays like that

Sorry juniper I can't help you with the headaches, I haven't had them yet. Maybe you aren't sleeping enough? I read that 8 hours is optimum sleep. Hope these ease for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Riss! Actually having said all that yesterday.. Today I didn't wake with a headache! : ) so maybe it's just been a coincidence.

Hope ur good sleep continues.. Nothing worse than insomnia. I only ever have trouble sleeping when I have jet lag.

Very quiet in here isn't it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Take your predinsolone in the morning never at night.,

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well on the good recommendations of everyone in here Ive just booked in to start seeing Richard for acupuncture! I was seeing a great lady last year but have moved since the & the location just isn't convenient anymore- Coburg is waaaay closer & easier to get to.

Feels good knowing ur seeing someone who people speak so highly of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good stuff juniper! Hope you find him as good as I do. Now that I'm stimming I'm going twice a week which is different from my old acupuncturist who I absolutely love but it was a bit of a hike to see her too. But I'll do pre and post with her as they work out of hawthorn hospital where they do the transfers. This is more convenient and the less stress during a cycle the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I have an appointment to see Lyn on 24 October. I live in Tassie and I currently see Tas IVF as they are the only clinic here. I have done 23 cycles and have recently done two PGD cycles with Melbourne IVF and both times I have a normal embryo to transfer but it didn't implant. I recently got my FS to do a biopsy for killer cells and it shows that I have elevated killer cells and my FS here doesn't really believe in it. I have been on DHEA for years and I am also taking Melatonin which I noticed from the thread that some of you ladies are on. I take clexane and prednisolone as well but from what I've read this isn't enough for killer cells. I am hoping that Lyn can help as I feel like this is my last chance. Is there any ladies that Lyn has helped that have killer cells? I also have PCOS. I am 38 and my partner is 37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum.
    I too have been diagnosis with elevated nk cells which Lynn picked up this year. My last FS at Melbourne ivf didn't bother testing me for anything like that and I went through many cycles that didn't work.
    The standard protocol for nk cells is prednisolone and clexane and it worked the first cycle I tried it. However there is debate about whether it truly does make a difference but I'd like to think it did. I do know of another monash doc called dr nick logatis who does the Colorado protocol for nk cells. There is a thread on bubhub about tha protocol if you want to look it up. It's a pretty full on process which involves I.v drugs and such. I don't think lynn does that but this nick guy is known to help woman who have had poor response to normal cycles and high nk cells.
    Hope that helps. Also there is a doc in syd who specializes in it too and he does phone consultations and works with your clinic at home. Can't remember his name but it was on a thread called High natural killer cells.

Good luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (30-09-2013)