Closed Thread
Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 934
  1. #651
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Riss, should be starting around 13th October. AF started on Monday, but were not doing IVF this month. Starting next month instead.

    Im glad that info helps. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby in July. What a terrible tragic situation. I admire ur strength being able to go back and try again. It really amazes me sometimes how wonderfully resilient and strong women can be. I know it can't be easy, but being able to keep moving forward is what keeps us alive isn't it. I hope this new cycle is successful for you. And (just me humble opinion, as a woman and a nurse myself)... I think probably Lynn is right. You are better off with one embryo. You've been thru so much already, adding twins to the mix would be another whole world or worry for you. You don't need that.

    Let me know when you've listened to the podcast. There's actually loads of great podcasts from 'creating a family', I've listened to heaps of them now!

  2. #652
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked
    131
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Riss, Lynn usually only does double transfers for older patients (my sister for eg was 42). The increase chance of pregnancy is only about 5% with double transfer whereas chances of a live birth with 2 decreases. I thought Lynn would suggest double for me next time but she is still only wanting one (at least my embryo will be 36 even tho ill be 38!) given your history obviously it's a personal choice but it sounds like one might be safer. FX for you, may this be your cycle. What does R think was the problem last time? Is he focusing on strengthening your uterus with warm lights etc if you are doing acupuncture?

  3. #653
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    663
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    293
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juniper74 View Post
    Riss, should be starting around 13th October. AF started on Monday, but were not doing IVF this month. Starting next month instead.

    Im glad that info helps. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby in July. What a terrible tragic situation. I admire ur strength being able to go back and try again. It really amazes me sometimes how wonderfully resilient and strong women can be. I know it can't be easy, but being able to keep moving forward is what keeps us alive isn't it. I hope this new cycle is successful for you. And (just me humble opinion, as a woman and a nurse myself)... I think probably Lynn is right. You are better off with one embryo. You've been thru so much already, adding twins to the mix would be another whole world or worry for you. You don't need that.

    Let me know when you've listened to the podcast. There's actually loads of great podcasts from 'creating a family', I've listened to heaps of them now!
    Thank you Juniper, I never thought I could get through something like this but we are resilient creatures when we need to be.
    I had a listen to most of the podcast and it was very interesting and informative. I think we will go with Lynn's advice and keep with a single transfer. It is the best in the long run. Hopefully this month flies by so you can start soon.

  4. #654
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    663
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    293
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Hi Riss, Lynn usually only does double transfers for older patients (my sister for eg was 42). The increase chance of pregnancy is only about 5% with double transfer whereas chances of a live birth with 2 decreases. I thought Lynn would suggest double for me next time but she is still only wanting one (at least my embryo will be 36 even tho ill be 38!) given your history obviously it's a personal choice but it sounds like one might be safer. FX for you, may this be your cycle. What does R think was the problem last time? Is he focusing on strengthening your uterus with warm lights etc if you are doing acupuncture?
    Hi Beta,
    I have always had double embryo transfers when I was at MelbIvf and also this first time with Lynn. Now the risks are so clear to me I will stick to one. I have everything crossed that this is the one that results in our take home baby!!
    R really hasn't said much in terms of what went wrong. In my first appointment he said I seem to have issues with liver and kidneys, which is why I have strong PMT symptoms. From what he has said and what I have read about TCM is that fertility energy is the surplus energy from the rest of our organs. So if we have an imbalance in energy elsewhere it can affect fertility. So the herbs have helped fix things so far with my cycle and I will take herbs when pregnant to help keep everything in check. Did you take herbs when you where pregnant?
    I am doing acupuncture with him. I have always done acupuncture with previous cycles through Bump but I have noticed he does other points like in my ear.
    WebRep


    currentVote


    noRating
    noWeight

  5. #655
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,694
    Thanks
    1,185
    Thanked
    3,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Riss when you finally see two lines again you will be glad it's a singleton pregnancy as you would stress the whole time. I struggle with this and have never transferred two. Lynn suggested 2 for me as we have stimmed twice with 6 transfers and nothing. If I did transfer 2 I would be a stress head. One emby failed to thaw which took it out of our hands, in all honesty I don't want twins but as we are getting older we will be transferring 2 with my new donor sister. I just don't have time on my side any more and we need to pump them through.


    Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

  6. #656
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked
    131
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Hi Beta,
    I have always had double embryo transfers when I was at MelbIvf and also this first time with Lynn. Now the risks are so clear to me I will stick to one. I have everything crossed that this is the one that results in our take home baby!!
    R really hasn't said much in terms of what went wrong. In my first appointment he said I seem to have issues with liver and kidneys, which is why I have strong PMT symptoms. From what he has said and what I have read about TCM is that fertility energy is the surplus energy from the rest of our organs. So if we have an imbalance in energy elsewhere it can affect fertility. So the herbs have helped fix things so far with my cycle and I will take herbs when pregnant to help keep everything in check. Did you take herbs when you where pregnant?
    I am doing acupuncture with him. I have always done acupuncture with previous cycles through Bump but I have noticed he does other points like in my ear.
    WebRep


    currentVote


    noRating
    noWeight
    I took herbs in the first trimester, well as best I could I was sick as a dog and loathed those herbs! I was too scared not to take them tho

  7. #657
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    663
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    293
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Beta they would have been horrible to take in the first trimester. I remember how nauseous I was, I don't think I would have stomached them. But you got to do what you got to do.

    Lily you are so right. I am such a worry wart I should just do what is best for me and future bub. I signed the forms to agree to one embryo and sent them in. I have started spotting so AF should be here today if my body wants to cooperate.

  8. #658
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Did u girls see the article in the herald sun today talking to Lynn about melatonin?

  9. #659
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    663
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    293
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I haven't seen it. What did she say about it?

  10. #660
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    The article was saying that monash IVF are trialling giving patients melatonin to help improve egg quality after overseas trials doubled the success rates of IVF in women who took it. They spoke with Lynn. She said that about 50 patients have been taking it over the last year. They must be planning to do a proper study/trial, bcos they mentioned that a trial will be done with women who have the same amount of failed IVF, giving some melatonin & others a placebo.

    Its great knowing ur being treated by a doctor who really has her finger on the pulse of it all- who is so up to date & forward thinking. Gives me a lot of confidence


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-05-2013, 15:22
  2. Monash IVF Journey
    By megbob in forum Rockhampton
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 17:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Baby Sensory
Baby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer an exciting world full of fun sensory experiences for parents and babies to enjoy.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!