Closed Thread
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, yeh busy day.. We should have secret hand signals to recognise each other lol! : ) our appt was at 12.

Thanx Riss! We went to docklands on the way home! And they were JUST making more melatonin .. So we just had to wait 30 mins.

I really feel positive about Lynn. I told her I was nervous of ET bcos my HSG was horrendously painful.. Both the speculum & the catheter insertion were terribly painful & took over an hour until the head of radiology was called in. So Lynn offered to do a 'dummy' ET right there & then. So she did it & it was perfectly fine! Teeny bit of cramping from the catheter but completely tolerable.

Onlything that could hold us up is my boys police check.. My arrived quickly, but his is taking longer. He doesn't have any criminal history but apparently it can mean someone somewhere has the same or similar name who might have a history- so they have to make sure he isn't that person!!! What a pain I the butt.. It could be a minimum of another 5 days.. And my AF is due in 14 days. Fingers crossed it comes soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    She must... I'm in the waiting room now
    Were you wearing a black skirt and white cardigan, Riss78? I was in black pants with a white shirt and had my husband with me.

Anyway ladies, I just wanted to let you know that after seeing Lynn today, we have had to make the decision that our IVF journey is over. Lynn has told us that sadly, she can't do any more for us. I'm just too old I now have to come to terms with the fact that there will be no baby for us and Dane will be our only living child now.
    I wish you all the very best of luck with your journeys and hope that each of you has a beautiful baby in your arms before too long. I thank you for your support over the past few months. Baby dust to all of you amazing women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Juniper- I am glad you got the Melatonin. I have just been prescribed that too so have to get that tomorrow.

Siamsmum- I'm not sure if i saw you. Do you have blonde hair? There was a couple sitting against the window. I wondered if that was you. I was sitting in the waiting room with my husband too. I was wearing a black cardi and a white floral dress.
    I'm sorry to hear this is the end of your journey. You can't say you didn't put everything into it, because you did. You are a brave woman and I am sure you are an amazing mum. I wish you all the very best for the future too. Thanks for all the kind words and support you have given me as everyone else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me again....I pressed enter before finishing.
    Thought I might update you all. It has been over 2 months since we lost our baby and now that we have gotten most results back and have seen Lynn we are ready to try again next cycle. It feels like a lifetime ago that I saw her last and it was a bit hard to walk back into that office again and face this all over again. But after speaking to her about everything. I am happy with the plan ahead. Now the long wait till AF arrives

Question: I forgot to ask her when i should start taking melatonin???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss, I'm starting next cycle & she wrote the script for the melatonin & said to start taking it. So I'm starting tonite. I'd imagine that she meant for u to start right away. And don't forget, it's basically a sleeping tablet so it's not the same as the fertility drugs that have very specific instructions. Check with them tomoro, but I'd guess she meant for u to start ASAP.

Siansmum, I too wish u all the best. You can now know that u tried every option & won't have the regret that u didn't do everything you could. Sadly it's not the out one you wanted. Your little boy is lucky to have 2 parents who love him so much & wanted to do this for him. I'm sorry it's not the ending you wished for x
    Last edited by juniper74; 03-09-2013 at 18:30.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to juniper74 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    Juniper- I am glad you got the Melatonin. I have just been prescribed that too so have to get that tomorrow.

Siamsmum- I'm not sure if i saw you. Do you have blonde hair? There was a couple sitting against the window. I wondered if that was you. I was sitting in the waiting room with my husband too. I was wearing a black cardi and a white floral dress.
    I'm sorry to hear this is the end of your journey. You can't say you didn't put everything into it, because you did. You are a brave woman and I am sure you are an amazing mum. I wish you all the very best for the future too. Thanks for all the kind words and support you have given me as everyone else.
    Yes Riss78, that was us against the window, and now I know which couple you were. You were coming out of Pathology as I went in. I'm so glad that you're ready to begin another cycle. I truly wish you all the very best and hope that you have a precious baby to love very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks juniper I'm picking it up tomorrow. Looking forward to getting some zzzzzzz without all the chatter that goes on in my head when I'm trying to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that was us! they took so much blood from me I didn't think I had any left hehe

Thank you for your kind wishes. Looking forward to the day I can take home my little miracle. X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Siansmum I'm so sorry this chapter in your life has come to a close. It was a pleasure to share part of the journey with you. I wish you all the very best for you and hope you and your family are filled with happy moments. Please let us know how you are going from time to time... It's so sad

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siansmum I am very sorry to hear your journey has come to an end. I am not sure if it's ok to ask this or if it's to personal but have you considered other options? egg/embryo donor? or adoption? I know there are a whole lot of other issues/complications/waiting that go on with those options but if you want more children would you/have you considered it?

AFM Unfortunately yesterday cd13 my estrogen levels dropped so the 20 or so follicles that were looking so promising on monday (11-16mm) have caused concern for my cycle. I had a large dose of menopur last night to try and boost my levels and scan today showed 11-17mm (2 at 17mm) but now just waiting for bloods. Unfortunately due to my 1st cycle experience I think i know it'll lead to another cancelled cycle and back to a down reg cycle... so more waiting.... it's the waiting that drives me crazy