Closed Thread
Page 57 of 95 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Juni 😊

For memory we paid about half prior to collecting meds & the remainder is to be paid before EPU.

After transfer the Medicare rebate comes in about 14 days later, so that's a massive help. We got accredit card & paid half on the card, therefore it wasn't really our money & when it came back it just paid the card straight off.

Things progress very quickly... Once all yours tests are done you can discuss with her & wait for AF to arrive & start your meds.... It's actually quite quick

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's yet ANOTHER cancelled cycle for us. Had my scan this morning and I only have one decent follicle measuring 17mm. I'm just so emotionally and physically worn out over all this. Will trigger tomorrow night and then try the old fashioned way.
    We've got an appointment with Lynn on 3rd Sept to discuss what to do next, although I really don't think she could possibly have much more to throw at us. Just wanted to let everyone know where I'm at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Well it's yet ANOTHER cancelled cycle for us. Had my scan this morning and I only have one decent follicle measuring 17mm. I'm just so emotionally and physically worn out over all this. Will trigger tomorrow night and then try the old fashioned way.
    We've got an appointment with Lynn on 3rd Sept to discuss what to do next, although I really don't think she could possibly have much more to throw at us. Just wanted to let everyone know where I'm at.
    Hugs. I'm so sorry. I really hope she gives you more hope. Such a friggin hard road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only new in here siansmum, but I can see from ur signature that this must be a hugely stressful & emotional time for you- it's bad enough under ordinary circumstances. From wot I've seen & read Lynn is pretty amazing at wot she does. I really hope she can help you achieve ur dream.
    Last edited by juniper74; 11-08-2013 at 11:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siansmum - I'm so sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle.. I have so much faith in Lynn. She thinks outside the box and is so positive and I'm sure she can give you your BFP.. She's known as the fertility god and she is no doubt the best FS we have in Melbourne if not Australia.. You are in the best hands

Juni - Yes it can move quite quickly. Have you done your police check? As that can take a couple weeks and you can't register without it.. The meds and scans are all included in the price.. You get about 1/2 back from Medicare. First 1/2 on picking up the meds and second 1/2 day prior to EPU. We tried naturally the month before and wasnt sure if I was BFP till I got AF.. So just picked up 2 days of meds prior to AF and then picked up the rest on day 2.. Once you pick up all your meds you can't get a refund, so if you happen to be BFP then your 4k out of pocket.. Hope that makes sense..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (11-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sian's mum it's such a tough ride but you can hold your head high and say " well I'm giving it a damn good go". For that you can be proud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJTiger View Post
    Siansmum - I'm so sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle.. I have so much faith in Lynn. She thinks outside the box and is so positive and I'm sure she can give you your BFP.. She's known as the fertility god and she is no doubt the best FS we have in Melbourne if not Australia.. You are in the best hands

Juni - Yes it can move quite quickly. Have you done your police check? As that can take a couple weeks and you can't register without it.. The meds and scans are all included in the price.. You get about 1/2 back from Medicare. First 1/2 on picking up the meds and second 1/2 day prior to EPU. We tried naturally the month before and wasnt sure if I was BFP till I got AF.. So just picked up 2 days of meds prior to AF and then picked up the rest on day 2.. Once you pick up all your meds you can't get a refund, so if you happen to be BFP then your 4k out of pocket.. Hope that makes sense..
    Oh yikes.... That's a bit of a worry about waiting for AF?? Geez I'm feeling anxious just thinking about that. I mean most couples would be trying every month & taking the chance of getting a bfp wouldn't they? So does everyone do wot u did? So Monash are quite happy for u to only pay for a couple of days of meds just incase? Man oh man... As if this process isn't stressful enough. Did they advise u to do that?

Thanx for the heads up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know.. As if you wouldn't try naturally the month before?? Lynn actually told me that once you pick up all your meds, there's no refund. They don't take them back even if unopened. I had my nurse appointment the week before AF was due. She recommended I take 2 nights of injections in case AF came over the weekend.. I still paid the 4k then but they said if I was BFP then I would get most of the money back and only pay a couple hundred dollars for the meds I'd picked up.. Once AF arrives.. Call your nurse and she will have the meds ready for you to pick up the next day..

It's so full on, I know!! But... It's all worth it for us to have our very own little miracle... Hoping your IVF journey is a short one xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def worth it JJ!

Hope u don't mind.. I've got a couple more questions! My OH is going interstate in sept for a week, so mum & I were thinking of getting away as well for a few days at the same time. But now I'm wondering whether it could interfere with things if Lynn is ready for us to start the IVF process in sept. I mean I can't change OH plans, but I can change my own. I guess I'm just wondering about the timeline of things really.

Does ivf change your cycle 'dates' very much?? i read somewhere that an ivf cycle is 6 weeks- so does that mean ur cycle is somehow stretched out or lengthened??

at wot point then do they start doing scans etc to check ur follicles, going by my normal cycles I would basically be away from cd 3-7. Not very long at all. But would I need to be in melbourne during this period?? And wot about OH? When do they get his 'donation'? Is it around normal ovulation time? Or does ur ovulation time change bcos they are controlling it??

Arrrrgghhh.. Too many unknowns!! It's doing my head in a bit! Can't decide whether to book this holiday or stay home 'just incase'. I def don't want to have to push back the IVF bcos of a 4 day holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Juniper,

It depends on what cycle you are going to be on. I was on an antagonist cycle which is the short one. I started jabbing on day 2 till day 5 and then on day 6 had a blood test and internal scan. Kept on the jabbing but now morning and night till day 9 and then had another blood test and internal scan. My follicles were at the right size then I went in for EPU on day 12. On this day DH made his donation and then on day 15 I had my ET as only did a 3 day transfer otherwise it would have been day 17 on a 5 day transfer.

It didnt change my cycle at all really but everyone is different and it depends on what protocol Lynn wants you to follow. You might be on a different program as such and it might be different?

Hope that helps! Getaway would be lovely!