Closed Thread
Page 56 of 95 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, just wondering how many of you are on (or have been on) Clomid? After another BFN, Lynn has put me on Clomid this upcoming cycle. So it'll be Elonva on Day 2, Clomid from Day 2-6, and then Orgalutran and Puregon from Day 5. Charlotte also mentioned Progonova - is that another injection? Haven't used that before either.
    Would be interested in any experiences with Clomid. Thanks everyone. Hope you're all well.
    Claire

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Claire, I've been on clomid 3 times- 50, 100 & 150mg I didn't ovulate on any dose and in between the 100 & 150 cycles we found out DH has swimmer issues so we went straight to IVF. Hopefully it works for you along with with all the other meds. I had a friend who used progynova - it's an estrogen tablet.

What did you do last cycle?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, it's been ages since I've been on here, couldn't really face it... Ob thinks I'm suffering with post traumatic stress relating to the journey we had & the IVF... Had some terrible dreams, so avoiding reading much... I'm trying to catch up! I'm currently 17w4d xo

Claire: I was on clomid for 6 months after a laparoscopy but then we had to turn back to icsi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Claire
    I'm on Clomid now and this will be my 3rd cycle. I'm starting 100 once AF arrives.
    I've found it ok symptom wise. A little headachy and nausea but nothing major. It worked first round not second so now I'm trying the third. I'll have ultrasound cd14 an trigger shot if necessary. If it doesn't work, I start jabbing!
    Fingers crossed its right for you. There is a Clomid support thread with lots of ladies with positive experiences of its use

Good luck
    X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The progynova will thicken your uterine wall for implantation. Clomid can make the lining thin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When in a cycle does Lynn usually start melatonin? How long before EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. I've been seeing Lynn since March and love her! I can be so upset about results etc and the minute I speak to her, she gives me such hope. She's amazing! She performed my EPU yesterday and collected 8 eggs when I only showed 3 follicles on the scans. She had me on Clomid for 4 months after my laparoscopy but it didn't work for me. Sometimes it just doesn't work I was disappointed to be told by Monash that I wasn't guaranteed Lynn would perform my EPU as its just random and depends if she's rostered on. I was lucky she was on yesterday All the best to everyone cycling this month xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    JB I think its preferable to be taking it for 3 months prior, like DHEA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Marttc I hope you can work through the journey you have been on and can enjoy your pregnancy, big massive cyber hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I met Lynn for the first time yesterday! I though she was lovely & felt really comfortable. She basically spoke about IUI & IVF & I asked her which she felt was the best option & she said IVF. She said IUI was 10% success & IVF 35% success. I had been worried about my AMH being 42.8p/mol but her response was 'fantastic'... She said she would give me drugs based on my AFC rather than the AMH.

Have to admit I walked out in a bit of a daze!!! Almost didnt pay & Couldn't remember what floor I was supposed to go to next!! Lots to think about I guess!

am a little overwhelmed at the $$$$ side of things.. But that's to be expected. I have a question though- it was explained but like I said my brain was a bit mushy.. When exactly do u pay the two $$$ instalments?? And also I'm guessing you pay for the meds as you go? Are they very expensive?

She didn't talk to me about anything else really, she asked how i felt about IVF & i said i was pretty comfortable generally with the idea bcos ive had quite a few friends go thru it. and then she sent me off to register etc. I'm guessing that when I see her next month that if she wants to have me take melatonin or something that we'll get to that then??

I know this is a kind of a 'crystal ball' question but how quickly do things generally progress? She's re-doing a couple of bloods & doing some chromosome tests (to rule out issues since my mum had trouble getting pregnant & had 4 m/c). And also doing another SA for my DP. Ill get all that & the counselling session done by the next appt...

Sooo great to be able to debrief with u girls in here!

ps... Thanx for the parking tips! I got a park in Erin street right out the back, 2hrs & free!
    Last edited by juniper74; 10-08-2013 at 10:17.