Closed Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great news Jb- fingers crossed it's a lot higher next BT. Good luck with Lynn- always good to hear her ideas.

Siam- I hope that AF stays away. Hang in there. I will be thinking of you.

Welcome to the newbies of this thread. It has definitely gotten more popular since I joined. Lynn is fantastic and I am sure she will look at each of your cases individually and come up with the best protocol for you. In terms of private health insurance, I have it and it will cover your egg pick up and transfer hospital costs. As for all the tests/ ultrasounds outside of your ivf cycle, I had to pay for them first then claim on Medicare. Lynn does bułk bill most of the blood tests too. It is not a cheap process unfortunately.

AFM My ob called me last Saturday night and it was the first time I have spoken to her since before the miscarriage. I was very emotional but she was so supportive. I should get results back in the next 2 weeks but until then she will liaise with Lynn and another professor at mercy to come up with some ideas to put in place for next time. I feel a little better knowing I have a wonderful team that have my best interests at heart. It just sux it had to come to this in the first place but just have to try and keep positive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the info girls. I know I will find out details when I see Lynn but it helps allay some of the anxiety. I don't have private cover, have never needed it for anything & am a nurse myself & have no issues with the public system. It's only now going to see Lynn that I'm a bit unsure of how it all works. I've had ultrasound for follicle count, HSG & loads of bloods done at the Mercy already, and given that she is the head of dept there I can't imagine she'd necessarily ignore those results?? But we'll just have to wait & see. It's good to know that she bulk bills for bloods etc though.

am looking forward to seeing her & getting this started. I'm very impatient to see what she thinks of my AMH result which 42.8p/mol. Anyone else got a high AMH and in their late 30's or 40's??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was in the 30's but I'm 27

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you that go to see Lynn at epworth Richmond- where do u park? My appt next week is at 0915 so want to make sure I know where to park & don't end up stressed out & running late trying to find parking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Juniper i have only been there once and DH and I took a short cut from punt road up Rotherwood st and found a 2hr park in that street!! Was very handy. Not sure if there would always be parks there but worth a shot! When I went to Epworth for another reason we parked in Erin St (behind) and there was metered parking there. Good luck! tricky area!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    There is a big paid ticket car park behind Thomas Dux - if I can't find a 2 hr freebie park on the street, I park there although its about 6 bucks an hour but cheaper than the Epworth ccar park

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found street parking the other day in a little side street. The time before I panicked and parked at epworth and it cost $16!!! Will only do that agitating if I'm desperate. I called to let them know I was still circling once and they were fine and just sent someone in before me. She usually runs behind too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The street behind Erin st has no limits to parking.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (30-07-2013),juniper74  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This may seem like a stupid question and I should probably know the answer to it but is Lynn a practicing OB?? I have only seen her for one consultation in regards to IVF but didn't go in to the next step of when I am (hopefully!) pregnant! On her website in the "about" section she mentions it but then on the rest of the site it doesn't say anything... help!

If she is where does she deliver? if she isn't who does she recommend and where to they deliver? Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she isn't an OB anymore. Too busy with the baby making side. When I was pregnant I was spewing I couldn't stay with her but she referred me to three female obs. i picked a wonderful lady called vicki nott.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (30-07-2013)